Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

** irmscher back box help required urgent**

hi guys,

i bought a brand new split oval design backbox for my 2.2 coupe brand new in the box with fitting kit off a private seller who didnt want it. Since I put it on the car about 3months ago i noticed almost immediately the car seemed a little 'sluggish' and not a lively as it did before it was fitted. ive been on EbAY and noticed LMF and others selling them but saying they only fit a 1.6 and 1.8 coupe? i didnt think to check the part numbers on the box on mine before it was fitted. does anyone know WHAT difference there are between the back box on the 1.6/1.8's compared to my 2.2????????
    it fits nice on the car etc but im just worried ive got the wrong one fitted to my car hence afecting the performance. any ideas???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it should say on the box try calling LMF they are very helpful I doubt a back box alone would affect performance that much but it could be noticable more likely the cat is on its way out which mine did and affected performance,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is no differance. The 2.2 uses the same system as the 1.8. If its feelin slugish it will be something else causing it. I recently treated mine to a bottle of stp fuel and engine tratment and I was plesantly surprised by the differance it made being the sceptic I normaly am, maybe you should have a go with that.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the replies both. I dont think its going to be the Cat as the cars only done 9,000 miles but im going to get it checked out anyway just to put my mind at rest. I only do short trips in the car (i work a mile and a half from my house!) so maybe a shot of STP may cure things with a long 'run' as I suppose the engine may have become clogged up with the short journeys.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The same back box is used for all Astra coupes with the exception of the Z20LET (the same is true for the hatchback pplus it is not suitable for teh Y20DTH, a different exhasut is available in both cases)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah, cheers dave. i was worried that in my haste to snap up the exhaust bargain i bought the wrong back-box. phew!