Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Winter Wheels

Guys and Gals,

Me SRi T is being locked away for a while and I don't want the car standing on the alloys - can anyone suggest what size rims I can get away with to get over the larger brakes? (308's)

I don't know if the spare (16" steel) I have is a space saver (haven't had the car out of the garage to check), as my local dealership cannot find any steel rims of this size, and have only been able to suggest that it might be a space saver.

Oh, while I'm here is there anybody local to me (Westbury, Wiltshire) that would like to come and disconnect me battery and stuff (I'm totally useless when it comes to under-bonnet tinkering, and have fingers the size of large pork sausages so I'm not the most nimble-fingered of people) - would be a few beers (to take away with them) and mince pies in it for somebody seeing as we are in the festive season.

Thanks in advance.

Adz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If its the standard spare thats in the car then its a 15" steel thats in there. a 15" steel will cover the 308's no problem. I owuld leave the battery attached as if the cars sitting for a bit your far better off going out and starting it every so often to keep things tickety boo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello mate, going by the below link... You should get away with 16's Hope this helps...

Click me if you want help!
    Irmscher parts irmscher-bits.com
    ask 4 Dave & mention Darren SXi 1.8 sent u!

Performance Vauxhall Show 'A-S Cleanest Car' 2006

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just get some sport 15" alloys or summat.

Other than that, put it on axle stands and leave all the wheels off the ground

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jeez - I didn't know you were still on the planet Adz!!

Axle stand are a good idea - also good for security - car cannot be driven away with no wheels!
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheers for the prompt replies fella's.

DaveDempsey: The literature I had about the SRi T quotes on the spec sheet, is that the spare is a 16" steel, sporting 205/50 rubber. So I'm a bit miffed as to why Vaux can't quote me prices on 4 more (still unsure if it's a space saver??)

DarrenSXi: Thanks for the link info.

LordNikon: Hiya chap hows you? I did think about axle stands, my garage is not that wide really for me to go down that route, drivers side maybe but the passenger side is not an option.

Thanks for everything chaps - I'm off to find a cheap set of 16's, mmm there's an SRi in the car park (anybody got a jack, only joking)

Cheers

Adz

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers T-bone I'm still here, large as life. Just been on a downer for a while (Mrs p155in me off about car stuff and generally using it as a taxi) so I've decided to take it of the road and I'm bombing around in an MkIII - absolutely love chucking it about (where as I'm Mr ever-so-careful in the Turbo).

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The spare in my GSi was a full size wheel and tyre. Was not as wide as the alloys, but none the less u should be able to get some.