Thread: Wow!

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wow!

Well I have been to over 100+ gigs and the Prodigy tonight have to one of the best I have been too.

The support was a nice suprise as it was a band I have been hoping to see for a while. "Youth of Britain" or "YOB" are a proper marmite band you really do either love them of hate them. Me personally I love them, very funny, very entertaining and at times very impressive. If you go and see this tour you will be certainly entertained at the very least by there projected music videos! If you think the Prodigy, meets The sex pistols, but got mainly influenced by The streets you should be able to get your head around the sound they make.

The last time I saw the Prodigy was 8 years ago the highlight of there career apparently, I thought after all the speculation they would be pretty poor especially after hearing Maxim, Leroy and Kieth would not be apart of the live act anymore. Well after at least 20 gigs at Birmingham Acadermy including Basement Jaxx, Zero 7, Gomez, Lemon jelly, Groove Armarda I thought nothing would really blow me away and impress me. Well the Prodigy did just that and a lot more!! If you are going to this tour get there early and take it all in, the warm up DJ played some cool old stuff mixed with some breakbeat that I am desperatly trying to get my hands on, very upto date funky music - perfect for getting you in the mood!. If anyone knows the name of this DJ I would love to know as I was very impressed!!

After a very short interval Prodigy came on First the Drummer that completly blew us a away, then the guitarist , then Liam and of course Maxim and Keith!! Obviously the differances between them have been settled and for the first time I realised how important these two members are to Liams music. The set was the perfect mixture of 4 tracks of the new album including " the way it is", "Spitfire" and "girls" 3 new tracks that are obviously tour set fillers but tracks being worked on togther as a 3 piece rather than just Liam which was nice to see. Mixed up inbetween this lot were "firestarter" but a much more upto date punchy version, "breathe" which was breath taking and the encore consisted off "Smack my bitch up" and "poison".

They were on for an hour and half and the sound and lighting was the best I have heard and seen ever at the Bham acdermey. If you can get tickets for this tour get one and enjoy!! Truely one of the best gigs I have ever been too and the Prodigy 8 years on is even more impressive than I had ever thought possible!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lucky git :P

seriously though glad u liked it, i'd like to see them some day
    Ally wings, less " The Fast and the Furious" more "The Gay and the Gaudy"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you liked it Mat, at the end of the day Liam is the core of the Prodigy anyway, so it doesn't matter who comes and goes from the collective. Scary thing is that they've been in the mainstream since '92. Do you think they are gonna turn into the next Rolling Stones/Rod Stewart/Elton John for the masses??

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do yuo have to keep rubbing it in mat

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I saw them a few years ago Mat at the Civic in Wolverhampton.....

Fantastic....

Still one of the best gigs i have been to
    There are two great teams in Liverpool.....Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..........

Bill Shankley

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you had a good time Mat, i can't wait till wednesday. Might take my dads digi camera to get some pics
    "Life gets better as you get older...unless you are a banana."

"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer "

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I got tickets for them when they were at the civic some years back but couldnt go as I was ill, promised myself to go when they toured again. I envy you mat

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like you had a great nite Mat...

Ferg got your message earlier on MSN Mate but was busy With tees and Wee Robyn.. I cant make it thursday my sisters not coming till thursday now but cheers anyways bud
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well the day has finally arrived, The Prodigy are in town up here in Scotland. Really looking forward to it. Will give you all a review tomorrow
    "Life gets better as you get older...unless you are a banana."

"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer "

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have fun.....
    Well worth seeing
    There are two great teams in Liverpool.....Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..........

Bill Shankley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast