Thread: couple of small (but annoying) problems...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

couple of small (but annoying) problems...

well, the nights are long and the temp out side is cold, so lights and clear windows are very handy... unfortunatly my knob lights dont work (no jokes please i mean the temp and fan knobs ) which is a pain in the arse, im assuming its just a bulb needing replacing, but im not sure how easy it is to get to it/them.

im also concerned that my heating in the rear window doesnt apprear to be working. even in my old clio a 5 mile trip would have the rear window fully de-misted, currently it doesnt appear to be doing anything. prehaps its just slow so im not seeing any effects during the journey. are they usually slow to warm up in astra g's? any info would be great

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have the same problem with my astra mk3

my old one cleared the rear screen in minutes now this one takes HOURS!! i know a few lines need to be repaired as the muppet before me had a sticker on the inside and ripped it out!!
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Me and a mate put LED's in his centre console - it's a bit of a pain to get in the back of the heater controls! U hav to take out the head unit and the lower pocket. Then undo about 6 screws, 2 in each hole, and 2 more at the bottom behind the ash tray. Then there's a couple of clips before the whole thing lifts out. Mind out cos the MFD will be attached by a wire, but u can lift the bottom enuff to reach the heater bulbs without taking it completely out. Sorry I cant remeber all the details. Ask Funkedup, he might be able to remeber how we did it!
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers, at least now i know what to be expecting. i hadnt really had a look at how it was going to come out yet, not had the car long and im very rarely in it during daylight hours at the moment. by the sounds of it ill be doing this some time after xmas when i replace the headunit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If u want decent instructions I cant reccomend Haynes enuff! Only about £15 and come in seriously handy, makes light of many jobs! (pardon the pun)
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks B.A.D

theres still the rear window heating strips appearing not to work. i was hoping this might have been a regular thing with a known solution but i guess not.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have tint film on my rear window, so i dont use the rear window heater for fear of damaging the film. Sorry i cant offer help on that one! Anyone else got any ideas??
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well on the topic of the rear window you could do the following:

1) - Check the fuse hasn't been destroyed.
    2) - Check the wiring for obvious damage, kinks, earthing to body etc...
    3) - Using a volt meter, check the feed to the window.

How old is the car in question? I'm assuming it's a Mk4 but I don't think it differs that much from the Mk3 system. Chances are that it's something to do with the power (Or lack of) to the screen itself and the only way to find out for sure is to either play Auto-Electrician or go see one!