AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

is there anything the germans cant do

VOLKSWAGEN Folding key change
    What does one need?

- original OPEL key with radio transmitter.
    - VOLKSWAGEN folding key with 2 keys (new Model, chrome ring has)
    - wire
    - soldering iron (12 Watts, not too much suns burns electrical parts through!)
    - sharp knife
    - hot sticking pistol
    - second adhesives
    - Dremel, or something with which one sharpen can

The key as the first divide, in which the radio unit of allot pro rata-hurry one takes off. With a large flat screwdriver at the slot set below the key beard.
    If one has both parts in the hand, the two side parts can of the Radio part to be opened.
    Subsequently, with Kleder, those remove, are installed VOLKSWAGEN the Logo down-lying screw remove and with strength those the part open. That can be able be done stramm. Drauf absolutely it respects that that Folding mechanism under tension stands!!!

If the parts are separate can one that VOLKSWAGEN transponder raus take. Now one should the transponder from the OPEL key take.

The transponder becomes now at the place where only the VOLKSWAGEN transponder was, also little adhesive purely installed. Man should something plastics away cut, otherwise happens part not completely. If the Tranponder in it is can one the top again make. One should then the feather/spring back on tension bring.

Now we remove the original Volkswagen key beard. In addition with a fine Pin drifts or the like the safety lock pin from fold-hurry float. Afterwards can the beard rausgezogen to become

Now one solte that OPEL beard into those same form as the Volkswagen beard become polished. Here it is importantly, if possible to work exactly, in order to guarantee firm seat!

I let copy my key with the key service. One can also original key to that take.

Now the umgeschliffene key beard can are used. Subsequently, with a fiber pin by the hole of the folding mechanism lake the position of the safety lock pin mark.
    Key beard again remove and in exactly the marked place one Notch in-file. Drauf it respects that the notch does not sit too deeply, since otherwise the key becomes loose.
    Begin after completed mm work beard and pin press in

That top is now finished. We go now to the radio. That is something more with difficulty.

The old Volkswagen Innerei raus. The OPEL plate must be diminished something
    (that which is red must one sharpen off.)

Respect there drauf that one not too much off that sharpens the conductive strips to be destroyed! If one there sufficient off fits the transmitter sharpens now in the housing.
    Now it is necessarily the battery support, the tracers, even like the LED off to solder. Because does not place the tracers and LED on the correct is.

First of all I soldered two wires at the LED.

To the tracers we solder now also wires to.
    The tracers are stuck directly in the housing. But we must still something of the VOLKSWAGEN grope cut off so that are sunk.

If one the tracers purely makes funkuniert now that. Now one can make the tracers with something second adhesive in it. For one makes the same for the LED. One should cut so that to the plexiglass off the soil is completely flat. Now install also the LED also winy an adhesive.

Now I have the tracers with the adhesive pistol and LED isolates around short-circuits to avoid.
    Now the tracers and LED are beautiful at the correct place. Which us now are the tracers, LED and battery are still missing again at the transmitter to to loeoeten. Observe thereby that close tracers also to those close place are soldered on, exactly the same for that open tracers!

The LED should be soldered on correctly! + and - observe! At the LED is smaller blacker touch. That should just as again soldered on become.

If everything is soldered together can one the plate in it make. This must go now exactly purely. The plate must exactly the same to be made as pure in the picture otherwise becomes too close. Around the battery also still purely too gotten we must expenditure-mill the cover somewhat.

After much sharpen, mill, solder, to try and still times try the radio unit should then finally together fit! Radio unit and key together joints and finished.

Man should "train" now the key again at the car.
    Key purely, ignition on (to the lights in the Tacho concern)
    Keys once on close to press and once on open press.

And then one can only hope all work not over otherwise was.

So should the tracers to the plate to are soldered.

And additionally I have still another battery support in it made so that the battery can be simply changed. End of
    Translation Habe dafür die alte Batteriehalter von VW Schlüssel benutzt.

Danke an Sportive-Caravan aus Holland
    Balck Astra K Elite 1.4 Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that is sweet

anyone gonna have a go!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any competent sparky wants to have a go, I'd buy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I`m going to have a go at this, doesn`t look too hard.
    MK4 Golf 1.8T, Euro Style

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That looks ******** dangerous!!!

The photos are showing that you have to solder to the Lithium battery in the keyfob. Lithium batteries are potentially explosive in contact with water, never mind being heated to 370 degrees centigrade with a soldering iron (plus, due to the heatsinking capability of a battery this will be for a a prolonged period).

Surely a trick keyring isn't worth losing your eyesight (or worse) for?

Has anyone looked into the possibilities of using a MK5 Keyring to run your MK4, surely has to be easier if your dealer could program one with the MK4 codes? May be a tiny bit more expensive, but potentially a lot less painful

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    This has got me thinking. I am now after a MK4 key or any later Vauxhall key with the 2 buttons. I am then going to gut the inside and replace with my alarm remote gubbins and use the button. - hopefully!! I can then use it to arm and disarm my Mk3.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    impressive actually if you can be bothered to do it
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what if my key doesnt have a beard?
    Any info on V6 MK4 conversions greatly appreciated!
    ----x--Petey--x----

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPiper
    what if my key doesnt have a beard?
    Wait untill its 16 years old is the only answer....
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?