Thread: Information/progress on M1GST

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Exclamation Information/progress on M1GST

The reason I have been quiet on the board and all things A-S have taken a back seat for a while from me is due to my car.

As some of you know the car has been off the road for not far off 2 years now (almost to the day). The car was never going to be completed in a quick time due to me being friendly with RJ Automotive and paying "mates" rates as in it was being done in between jobs. Well even I never thought it would take this long, all the time however is not just down to them some is myself and some is when the car has been to other places for work to be done. The last 2 years have been really crap for me to be honest as all I have wanted to do is drive the car, especially since the engine went in a year ago.

5 weeks ago I had a chat with RJ regarding the progress of the car and that I wanted it finished ASAP as they had been taking the piss for some time, this in turn meant we had conversations regarding money. From the quote given which was simpley unbelievable! I decided that I simply couldnt afford to have the work done, and it wasnt worth the money and the debt I would have to get in to finish it.

So about 2 weeks ago I decided to pack the whole thing in and strip the car and scrap the shell. However after speaking to Sarah (my girlfriend), Rob, Pete, John (M40COO), Ross (techie) and another good mate (you know who you are ). I decided that I should finish the car and I shouldnt get ripped off in getting it finished. As of yesterday I took the car off RJ Automotive and all the parts that I have gathered over the years and took the car to its new home Where it is now I am 100% happier and I know its in great/professional hands. To make me feel even better the quote was spot on and I am over the moon with the direction the car is going in. The now finish date is simple and it will be achieved.

Performance Vauxhall Show 2005 and then onto GTi International in France. (of course every other car shown known to man!)

The company that are now doing it are going to help out the astra-sport members of course and more information on them will be given in due to course

As for the car now a lot of the work done is having to be scrapped and re-done. This has cost me a lot more money than it should have been but I fully understand why this has to be done and the car will be a millions times better due to this.

So there you go the in's and out's of M1GST!! It will be finished and it will be perfect in every way (well to me any how )
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wahey!

good news mat.... look forward to seeing it finished at last!
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thats great news about it being finished fairly soon!

Sorry to hear that it seems to have cost you your relationship with your friends.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Good to hear there is a date in mind for it to be completed, will look forward to PV even more now

Any more up to date pics
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mat, Things must have looked grim for a while and I can understand that it can be a juggling act work, family, cars, money ect. Have you been watching the series on BBc1 where they look at 'national disasters'? - one was the euro fighter, saying that from the outset it was not required but because the government had committed soo much money to the project already, they felt they couldnt back down - and in fact it would have been cheaper at any point to stop producing it. I'm sure your car isnt a comparison for the Eurofighter.

I'm glad at the decision you have made and hope the additional cost isnt too excessive. Anything ANY of the members can do to ease the pain and organise it's swift return to the road you know you only have to ask.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good decision.......get it finished and enjoy the end product

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad your happier, you did sound down the other week (was i the 'other' mate?).

All in good cheer then to be racing with me at the back next month

As allways you have my number if you need help, and are we out on the friday and saturday? I have a full weekend pass and Tracey has said she will taxi again

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow - sounds like you've been making some tough decisions there Mat, and hopefully you won't be regreting the one you've arrived at.

Hope it all to to plan (and budget) and you eventually get the car you've envisaged in your mind.

Fingers crossed for you and I'm looking forward to seeing it complete.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well in mate!

i dont know the whole story of the car and plans but least the balls to take the car and carry on and for that WELL DONE

looking forward to seeing it
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really pleased for you mate

If you need any help, please let me know
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast