Thread: Sidelight Legality???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Sidelight Legality???

i got pulled over again today(3rd time this week!) and for the first time they noticed my sidelight bulbs are blue. i was under the impression this was legal as long as it wasnt red? but the nice young police man informed me they were 'VERY illegal' anyone know if this is true??

also what happens if you get 3 7day producers in a week?can i take my documents in for all 3 at once? lol

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, illegal... you are only allowed to emit white light from the front.

Yes, get all producers checked at the same time.... be prepared to wait 3 days though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can take all three producers to the same Police station at the same time.

As regards the sidelights, I would be careful. I got a ticking off for having LED sidelight bulbs, because they are not 'E' marked and therefore they aren't legal (that's what I was told). I think the blue bulbs are in the same boat now, if used as sidelight bulbs. You can have any colour lamp on the car in addition to the standard lighting, provided it doesn't flash. This is how you can get away with those stylish LED washer jets

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have blue red or green lights you will get pulled constantly as it is the colours of emergency Vehicles!

Blue/Red, Police ambulance firebrigade,
    Green, Paramedic vehicles and doctors on call

So to be honest i dont sympathise with you at all mate the law clearly states these bulbs are illegal you should have removed them at the first warning!! your lucky you havent been fined or even given points a mate of mine was fined £120 and given 6 points for two faulty sidelights (they werent faulty they were coloured) need less to say he lost his license for them!

As for your 7day slips take them to the police station and hand over the required documents at the same time!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    damnit! what about neons, i`m sure that they are legal as long as theyre not red at the front or white at the back?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope Neons are for SHOW USE ONLY! that means you are only allowed them on when stationary! (and i dont mean handbrake on at a set of lights)

We had several people complain at my old work because they were Pulled and fined for driving with the Neons on after we repeatedly told them they were for Show Use Only!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As stated the ONLY colours your allowed are orange on the side white at front and red at rear.

Theres a new rumour that the law says bulbs so its ok to have the colour light being emitted as in under car neons but its your choice its your car and your licence
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Norm Under car Neons are totally Illegal whilst the car is in motion, this rumour has been going about since Neons hit the market, I have heard all the cruisers of the day arguing with me and my old workmates about this and to settle it once and forall we eventually got hold of the Act that says that these coloured lights and neon bulbs are illegal highlighted it and enlarged it for all Customers to see!

The Problem with these lights are at a glance they look like emergency vehicles from a distance which causes someone to slow down and an accident happens or through time they begin to ignore the lights and cause problems for emergency vehicles trying to get to a call out!

Be Curteous and think about it Keep these Lights for SHOW USE ONLY! you never know you might need the emergency services one day and they might just get blocked enroute to you cos someone thought it was a set of neons!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Totoally hate them anyway when are people going to stop geting ideas from fast and furious! Maybe one in the footwell or in a boot install.

I know its illegal mate my dads a copper but if up to other people if theyr going to take the risk
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where can u get different colour sidelight bulbs from? i was after some white ones as the standard yellow ones look shit and i duno bout LEDS coz u get pulled for em easy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast