Thread: What Suspension On Astra G

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What Suspension On Astra G

Right my 2.0i 16v Astra G SRI is now off the road for winter!!! 1st job is to have a new door put on, due to some little git trying to break into it!!!
    Then I want to change the suspension.. I`ve got -40mm PI springs on at mo but want a full kit now... What best suits the astra???
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...er/PsAstra.jpg

DRIVES:- Irmmy Kitted Black Astra G 2.0 SRI, -40mm PI Springs, 308mm Brakes, M3 Mirrors, Clear/Red Rear Lights, Powerflow CAT Back System, BiG ICE, 17" Kahn RSV`s

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've got -40mm Pi springs with koni adjustables. Tasty. (although if you dont like a hard ride you wont like it that much!)

Steve

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I`d like to go lower.. Hardly drive the car as it is so i would put up with a hard ride.............

DRIVES:- Irmmy Kitted Black Astra G 2.0 SRI, -40mm PI Springs, 308mm Brakes, M3 Mirrors, Clear/Red Rear Lights, Powerflow CAT Back System, BiG ICE, 17" Kahn RSV`s

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I`ve got fully adjustable Koni coilovers. Down 50mm all round, hard up front and medium at the rear, well pleased with the handling and ride
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do all adjustables have a stiffer ride then springs, i was under the impression if u put it on a soft setting the ride wouls be better then springs. If u do get adjustables am i right in thinking the rears are an alan key adjustments, but the fronts require the wheels taken off???

Pat: sorry to hear about the door mate, hope u get it sorted

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bilstien shocks and eibach springs
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad
    do all adjustables have a stiffer ride then springs, i was under the impression if u put it on a soft setting the ride wouls be better then springs. If u do get adjustables am i right in thinking the rears are an alan key adjustments, but the fronts require the wheels taken off???
    The springs on mine are much smaller in diameter than the standard ones, so I would assume stiffer as well. The rear dampners are adjusted by turning the the top half clockwise for harder ride or anticlock for softer, therefore the wheels and dampners need removing to adjust :roll:

The front ride is adjusted by turning the key at the top of the strut inside the bonnet, and ride height by jacking up the front, the springs can be compressed or lengthened with 2 C spanners, accessed over the top of the wheels.
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice guys... Gives me something to think about!!!

Brad!!! Where you been, ain`t heard from ya in ages!!! Just got to get a new door.. It happened in the same car park where we had that meet in Newark!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From personal experience of Petes car, his set up is very very comfortable and as he says, it handles like a dream.

Another set up you may want to think about is the KW Coilovers.
    This is what I have on mine, lowered about the same as Petes.

They give a great ride, very comfortable, and the handling again is spot on.

The KW's are adjustable without removing the wheels, although you will need to put it on a ramp.

The rears are adjusted by screwing the mounting plate up and down (where the springs sit)

The fronts are adjusted by undoing a grub screw and turning the spring seat up and down, which can be done through the wheel arch with the wheel on and the car up on a ramp.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    PAT: that place seemed fine, not the sorta place ud expect scum to be, but I suppose they get about. Sorry I lost ur MSN messenger after my PC died, i never got round to putting it back on (yes I am a lazy ******)
    Slimshady the KW sounds spot on, what the lowest u can set it. Seeing Pats car, a drop of around 50-60 would look really really nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast