Thread: Nitrous on Z20LET

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nitrous on Z20LET

Just wondering if anyone has fitted nitrous to their Z20let as i am looking to buy a kit. The kits are on ebay for £350 and i would be using the ~75bhp jets(but would probably buy bottle heater aswell so more £££). Two mates have had it fitted to a 1.4 Ibiza (dont know why?) and an XR3i and both work fine - but haven't got everything controlled by the ECU. It would be easy enough to fit as can just tap into the power pipe just before plenum but dont know if it'll flag up any fault codes? Car currently has a viper induction kit - HKS DV and de-cat with 6x4 oval tailpipe so would run nice with N20 and is cheaper than remap. Also can keep fuel economy when just cruising about.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you checked insurance? i may be wrong but i heard adrian flux have only just started insuring people with nitrous, and only with Wizard of NOS kits allegedly...correct if im wrong
    Any info on V6 MK4 conversions greatly appreciated!
    ----x--Petey--x----

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not sure about insurance yet - haven't checked - would need to worry about that later - or try and get on dad's open policy if can't find a company who will?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no offence mate but check insurance first......kind stupid not to.

If you don't declare it and crash, it's on your head. You can't hide a nitrous installation, we have tried to make the connections as hideable as possible so that when people saw the engine bay they wouldn't know but you can always tell, even the untrained eye can figure it out in about 5 minutes.

As for insurance on your dads policy, i'm not even gonna start on that. We've been through this many a time. NO !

Remap is cheaper than all the kit for nitrous lol. In the long run aswell, you don't have to keep topping up a remap. Nitrous doesn't last very long, progressive and one hit wonders both run out fairly quickly. £50 a refill aswell mind.

You would need a controller to run them safely which is more £££.

Don't think you've read into this enough mate.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the kit your looking at is very good tbh, especially considering its got a 10lb bottle,

this would generally last around 20mins of continous blast at 75bhp. and it would cost around £42 to fill up,

your right it is cheaper than a re-map (£500+ on a Turbo i believe) and it would give a massive gain,

it takes around 10 hours to fit a kit properly and you would need to be handy with fibreglass if your planning on tapping into the inlet plenium, any leaks in the vacume system on a turbo charged car can cause proble's.

That in mind, have a good think about it and then go and get one!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which company are you looking at exactly ?

A decent nitrous system is around £500 + £45-50 refills and it will only last around 20-25 minutes best as said. Remap will be one off £450 or whatever and it doesn't need refills or anything, obviously.

I would strongly advise you use a progressive system such a Hi-Power systems aka Wizards Of NOS (WON). Simple fact that the one shot american kits such as NOS, Nitrous Ex, etc can cause detonation and are alot more unstable, not to mention the solenoids are sh*te compared to WONs. You realise that you will start with a 25 shot nozzle first then once proven the engine can handle more, you will be given hte next nozzle size ye ? It's not just order any size you want anymore. £10-25 per jet (depening on who you speak to, we found them for £10 but i've seen people charging £25).

I haven't looked at ebay because i'm not sure which one you're talking about and i cba to find out unless you tell me. Sounds a bit too cheap but there ya go, especially with a 10lb bottle (most are 11lb not 10).

Any questions or anything, pm me and i'll go into it a bit further.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a coldfusion kit i think, there really good tbh,

i also think you get a selection of 5 different jets for it with the kit.

I have a kit on order because im going to be selling them soon, and he's done me a good deal on it.

Im going to put a 75 jet on it till it goes for new engine, keeping an eye on detail's hopefully it should be fine, I will let you know what its like and some pictures when i get it.

Ry

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, let me know. never heard of them before so i'm a bit dubious of their prices.

Keep me informed if you don't mind. I've been using WON, NOS and Nitrous Ex over a 6 month period and WON is just so much better IMO. Could be a new contender, but i've no info on them at the minute