Thread: Track car in the making!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Track car in the making!!!

Been gettin nagged at by the olds for a while to get " that HIDEOUS eyesore away from our doorstep!!" (yes they were talking about my Corsa not the mondeo) so I came up with the Cunning plan of finding a garage for it and turnign it into a Track car!

Althought the 1.4 8v is SH*T to say the least the bodywork and Chassis are still as strong as an OX according to my dad so we've decided to strip everything off it anything thats worth anything interior wise and its being sold! so i shall be left with a Shell Suspenion wheels but missing a steering wheel gave my mountney away to Big Eck and went to look for my Vauxhall one turns out my dad gave it to my little cousin for his corsa!!

Pictures of the work in progrees to follow shortly
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2.0ltr 8v (20NE) engine and box plus a mounting kit if you are interested.
    Scotland Region
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm sounds interesting Stewart!!

trying to get the less expensive bits done the now as cash is a bit tight but as soon as things are sorted i'll certainly consider it mate! the car will motre than likely sit with no engine and gearbox for a while like till i get the money for them

still weighing up the turbo & N/A options only thing is my Corsa has a sunroof so a C20LET means i would have to really strengthen the roof meaning more weight to the car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    here are the pics taken about 5 mins ago

car is sittin a little bit higher so there is deffinately some weight loss and it's become more like a boat i can actually rock it side to side whereas it used to be rock solid against the bump stops!

After being ******* about by a mate over this car i'm glad i'm keeping it and i'm glad my parents arent scrapping it so i can make some money off it and still get loads of fun out my wee car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you going to finish this skippy ?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    While it's apart get it seam welded .... you'll need it if you put a 2.0 in.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hope your planning on strpping alot more than that aswell lol.

Still got plenty you dont need.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coo it's gettin seam welded next week, along with the roof being plated and a rollcage being welded along the roof aswell (extra strength as it has a asunroof well it wont soon)

^Astra^ if you look it has a load of junk in the boot it is no where near FULLY stripped the engine, Full wiring loom and dash are coming out today (with any luck) only thing being put back on the car is the headlights so it looks roadworthy! the sound deadening is gettin ripped out along with every ounce of trim!

I only started Stripping it yesterday after a false start on saturday when it started pissing down with raiN!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am confused....i thought you had sold your Corsa and were just awaiting it being picked up?

As Stewart said we have a 2.0 litre engine and bits in the garage which was ready to go into his track Nova. The Nova project has now been abandoned due to lack of cash so looking to get rid of engine asap....discount to A-S members Skippy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mand this is what gonna confuse everyone!

I had agreed to Sell the Corsa to a Mate i also sold him a set of wheels which i'm still waitin on the Second payment for (thats been over a month) so i have decided that he can stick his money and I am now Keeping the car as a Track Car for me and Jonny to have fun with at crail! (will be knocking on his door for the money or the wheels tonite) i feel if he cant pay me the £75 he owes me for the wheels then how the hell is he gonna pay for the car?? so instead of being stuffed around anymore i have decided my car was either gettin scrapped or used as a track car!

As for the Engine Mand i'm not gonna say aye or no to it cos money is a bit of a problem the now! I have been looking at a C20LET (once again) as we have figured out a way to stop the Roof splitting with the power, so we are not sure what road we want to go down engine wise!

Either way the Cars Staying, it will be an Advertisement aswell for M&H Performance Cumbernauld, and it's gonna put a smile on my face yet again!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast