Thread: Fraudsters!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fraudsters!!!!

Just went to the bank and noticed that my a/c seemed a little low. So I printed a statement and found that someone had taken £750 out of my a/c :shock: (hotel, restaurants, petrol station x 5 all in 1 day).

Obviously cancelled the card, and had to fill out a form to get the fraud team to investigate, then they said i had to get a crime ref. in order for them to investigate it further. Went to the cop shop, they said I couldn't get a ref. and that the bank had to sort it themselves. Went to the bank "no u defo need a crime ref" so went back to the cop shop. Then got practicarly accussed of commiting the crime myself "It's not a crime if u still have the card, there's no way they could have done it, where were u yesterday??) Gave the ****** a verbal assasination (made her look v. stupid while keeping my dignaty). Then finally went to the bank where they said they'd follow it up. The bank said I should get my money back within 2-4weeks. But people at work have got me worried saying that current a/cs aren't covered, but surely they would have told me that in the bank, n e ideas/experiences??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    UNfortunately this happened to me before and the money was never recovered. I was blamed for having my card stolen. (it was in my waller in my house all locked and alarmed but it was my fault). Hope it turns out OK for ya mate. I'm sure it will have improved since it happened to me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    :shock: jeeze m8, thays bad, you have to be very careful now where you use your card since all this started to come about machines copying cards and having cards swiped i always go into the bank and withdraw how much money i need over the counter, hope you get it sorted out m8, im sure all accounts would be covered under these circumstances

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about this mate, why can't everyone be honest and earn their money

Can only guess your car has been cloaned at some point, it happenend to my brother and he got a full refund so there is hope mate
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This happened to me a couple of years ago. Similar amount of money all spent in petrol stations around London. I still had my card in my wallet too. I'm with the HSBC and got all my money back within half an hour of going into the bank. They said that they would investigate and I've never heard anything since,..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmm well i got taken for about £600 and never seen a penny. :|

Security improved since that happened though so it's not so bad.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just spoke to HSBC and they say I can't claim on cardguard as it wasn't lost or stolen however, they said it is still refundable via the fraud scheme which will take 2 weeks to look into, really hope i don't get stung for this as it's not what i need b4 xmas.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hear about this mate it's a shame and deffinately not what you want before xmas!!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brad I really hope they get this sorted for ya.......

it's a complete t**t!!!!!
    Astra J Bi Turbo