Thread: Door handle

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Door handle

Am not happy at the mooo, took my g to vauxhall cos my passenger door handle stopped working!!!!! dont ask way i dunno..... but vaux said if its a componate fault it would be covered under warrenty so i thought cool.....
    droped the car of at 11am, come back at 3pm ok i said....... get there at 3pm thats £68 Arhh why, its been removed to be colour coded.... no it was already done.....next it was its been removed to have the lock took out...... no i said passenger doors dont have locks..... he went away.....10 mins later he came back ok sir it will be covered under warrenty...... i smiled and thought great..... only to go out side and find the door handle works but not properly the handle stays out once you pull it to open the door and dont sit flush when you push it back in....... so i go back to the desk and am told the handle is broken but they repaired to there best but still say its been removed and that its not technacially cover by warranty cos a door handle is comes under trim not covered by warrenty on 2nd and 3rd year...... i give up....... so much grief it just aint worth it......
    i should have just gone to rj`s which is where im going tomorrow cos they never let me down and always there to help....... if i could swear it would be F*** U V***........sorry guys.......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats a shitter m8, im sure half of these dealers make there warrantys up thereself

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bit worrying if they can't fit a door handle, what if they need to do something more comlicated.. like change a wheel? :roll:
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Door handle

Sounds like the dealer i got mine from, it took um 3 wks to fit a friggin Gear nob cos it kept coming off!!! they tried chargin me but it was supposed 2 b fitted from new?! Don't suppose it was a C D crapell garage u went to, i heard nothing but bad things after experiancing it myself first hand! :roll:

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say a door handle comes under security, rather than trim. And it's essential to usinf a car to be able to get in the first place.

My local dealer took 3 hours to fit a new clip in the head rest sleeve before I was told "we can't get the head rest out cos the clip is missing".

I ended up showing them how to do with 2 small screwdrivers - time taken was approx 1 mimute.

****wits :roll: :roll:

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unlucky mate !!! hope you sort it soon
    Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight ????

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Warrenties are more hassle than they are worth. I had major dilemma just getting mudflaps fitted to my Gsi. They first fitted coupe ones which were wrong. In doing so they cut the arch liners and so they replaced them with new liners and fitted to correct flaps and now it has to go back for paint damaged when they fitted the arch liners. I dread to think what will happen when they replace the cam cover gasket and another gasket on the turbo soon.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    beat this one :
    when my car was 2 weeks old it through a wobbler! ecu light came on and stayed on perfomance down to 20mph max. took it to local dealer (the one who supplied it) and there it stayed for 4 months till they were able to fix it!!!!