Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Steering Vibrations

Hi

I have a 2001 Astra G Sri and lately I have noticed that when driving at low speeds I can feel more vibration coming from the road through the steering.

About 2 months ago I had some new from tyres put on (Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3) The car felt fine after having then on, its just lately I niticed this annoyance.

I had a rear pucture this weekend and the other side was worn down so I bought another 2 Goodyear Eagle F1's...... So I have 4 Brand New tryes on and all have been Balanced (even the 2 month old ones have been rebalanced).....

Its not a Mayor problem but the car definately feels different at the moment when I have my hands on the steering and hit little bumps in the road. As I said the car was fine when I have the first 2 tryes on so I cant think it can be the Tyres causing this as Everyone raves about them...

Any Ideas?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    unless its something really technical mate the only thing i can think of is just a small tracking problem
    "we are the knights that say, ni"

www.donnycruise.com

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Makes me wonder if there's something going on with these F1's. I was soooo looking forward to changing the Dunlops on my GSi. All four were replaced last week during the first service. Despite two attempts at balancing there is still a very noticeable vibration at speed. It used to be so so smooth.

The only thing that has changed overnight is the tyres. Really wondering if the F1's are the cause. Either that or the dealer's balancing machine is in need of some serious attention.

Jonathan

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this a few weeks ago and after checking everything Ieventually found the cause - a knackered tyre: the tyre wall on the inside edge of the wheel had delaninated and had seven quite large blisters all around it.

New tyre - problem gone

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Steering Vibrations

To try and rule something like this out I had the fronts put on the back and the 2 brand new ones put on the front....

Its more noticable when you go over bumpy ground (pot holes, etc). You can feel everything through the steering wheel. Cant say I noticed this before though

But it was fine with the F1's I bought originally, just noticed it a few weeks ago......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the thing is rob a lot of tryes now say that they have a little more road noice than others so it could just be the tyre :roll:
    "we are the knights that say, ni"

www.donnycruise.com