Thread: Floor mats

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Floor mats

Right then, I bought a set of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW for my 2001 SXi, and they didn't fit. So, I have sent them back and I've now noticed the same guy also has some of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW which he has advertised as 'cabriolet' fitment but they look like the right shape for my motor.

Now, my question is this. Is the floorpan of the SXI the same as standard model or does it share the same one as the cabriolet?? OR has the guy advertising these mats got it all wrong??

Sorry its a bit long winded, but I just need to know before I start shelling out my 'hard-earned' again

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the second set are deffo for a mark 4 as mine are that shape.....wondering if the top 1's are an earlier astra model? :?
    Bass, the final frontier

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the cabriolet ones are defo mk4 as sxibeast said and i think the top ones may be mk3 or something ? If they are even astra mats. They're too square :|

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Floor mats

Quote Originally Posted by Dibble

Now, my question is this. Is the floorpan of the SXI the same as standard model or does it share the same one as the cabriolet?? OR has the guy advertising these mats got it all wrong??
    not 100% sure on this however i own a coupe and a cabrio is exactly the same as a coupe but with a retractable roof. Coupe mats dont fit normal hatchbacks due to it being bigger, however if you have esp the mats are also different. Hope this helps as you might have esp, but if the 2nd mats are for a cabrio then im 99% sure they wont fit a sxi model (which im assuming its a hatch as all coupe's are called diff names)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxibeast
    the second set are deffo for a mark 4 as mine are that shape.....wondering if the top 1's are an earlier astra model? :?
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking, Mk3 perhaps???. As soon as I realised they were the wrong-uns, I had a look on the VX website and e-mailed the link to the seller. He tried to fob me off by saying they're the cabby mats.

Oh, the joys of ebay. Just makes me feel daft for not checking the VX site beforehand.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I'm 90% certain the top mats are from a MK3, TBH they aren't alot more from Vauxhall

My coupe ones thought are only in the front :? ,didn't know they did rear to :?:
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The first ones

Are for a Mk3. 100%

The second ones

Are for a MK4 and will fit your car 100%.

Both sets are around £35 from Vauxhall