Thread: What do i do?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What do i do?

Well I'm thinking of getting rid of my astra, its beginning to do my nut in.

i hav a 1.8 mk4 sport...

its had problems since i got it, hesitating, and revs dropping when cold, and having a strong smell of petrol on cold mornings,like its overfueling. (once warmed up usually fine)

I have tried everything to sort it, its been on tech2 and no probs found, so vaux say its fine, its not.
    I have replaced egr, ingnition coil pack, cam sensor, crank sensor, maf sensor, cts (coolant temp sensor), cleaned throttle body, replaced gaskets, checked every pipe wire under the bonnet..............and its still no better what so ever.... i could also try the o2 sensor, but its more money and its hurting my pocket now.

in fact i was going to buy an o2 sensor, but now the starter motor has started sticking, not releasing once engine has started.... and the abs and traction warning lights are on now!! just gets better.

sill like the car, just its beginning to cost 2 much.

question is what do i get? another astra?? i'm unsure.
    problem is i'm only 20 and insurance is an issue for me... paying well over 1k fc.

I dont know why i posted this, maybe its because i'm annoyed, maybe i'm looking for answers, i dont know, just ranting on boring everyone.

dont mention the mpg! geezeeeeeee its a killa

got to say tho, once warmed up its a quick 1800, its infact the quicket 1800 i have ever driven, and it still puts a smile on my face when i hit the pedal.

i have owned 2 focus(did sum1 sware) St170s and i'd rate the astra well above the st.

anyway fingers hurting now...
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mick-uk/misc/sig1.gif
    ------------------------------
    Star Silver 1.8 5Dr Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's all in your court mate, if you cant afford to repair it sell it mate in my eyes theres no point having a car you dont want or cant fix!

As for the problems i would have thought one of the things you have already changed would have cured it! Cant understand why the problem insists on happening!

Maybe a change of car would be better maybe a newer astra if this one hasnt put you off altogether! maybe a 1.8 Sri?? or if your really worried about insurance drop to a 1.6 16v SXi??

Hope this helps mate and i'm sorry to hear about your troubles!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just shuv that in an auction, and get urself a 2.0 DTi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sometimes you have to cut your losses mate. its like my last car....just kept playing up!!
    Ex Astra Coupe Driver
    Now: Audi A4 Cabriolet