Thread: Astra H having teething problems????

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Astra H having teething problems????

I have 2 friends that work with the astra H in one way or another. 1. works for a leasing company and supplies a fare few cars to a lot of companies, they also look after the running of the cars etc. 2. the other works for a salesman in the local vaux garage.

Both have now told me they are having problems with the astra H and lots are coming back with fuel gauge problems. Apparently the gauge is reading half and then the car breaks down due to lack of petrol!

Anyone else heard this? I know all cars in the first year of production have problems mine had loads, I just wondered how bad it was and if there were any other re-occuring problems to date?
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    My dealer have had only 4 Astra H's back for warranty and they were all software issues.

They told me the Vectra C when first released was more troublesome. But where the Vectra has the Can Bus system which has proven to be very complicated, the Astra H's system is not a technical as Vauxhall have taken a slight step back for reliability.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know that there was a huge re-call at the start of certin H models that had been fitted with the air bag fittings but not the actual air bags :roll:
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Astra H is running on CanBus as well now I believe. I got a wiring loom for my car which was mistakenly for the H and there is a myriad of electronics in the boot now, along with fuses and relay. I would assume that would mean there is only a power feed and a data cable from the front of the car to the rear. Might be interesting for ICE and other mods

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Mat, the fuel gauges are crap, we've had a couple recovered in due to reading quarter full and actually being empty.

Havent really had any in for much else more, only one for a wiring fault but that was due to the tracker installer putting a screw through something he shouldnt.
    Regards
    Rich C

Former owner of Astra SXi.. New owner of a Satin Silver Civic Type R.. "Bye Bye GTi"!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yip we've had a couple (including our diesel demo) with the fuel gauge problem, that aside we havent had any in for anything else.