Thread: Wax

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wax

Ive never used wax, should I? i do however wash my car evryweekend persil soapy water i may add then shammy leather off and polish with autoglym and it is ok should i be waxing as well

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    not a 100% sure what you mean mate if you polish the car with autoglym then you are waxing the car are you not?? what autoglymm product do you use to polish the car

unless you something like autoglymm extra gloss protection which is put on after you wax/polish the car

i use extra gloss protection after autoglymm polish but it's not essential i only use it t really make the car shine

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u use persil on ur car!!!

Ok stop doing this bud as u r ruining the paint finish. And stripping your autoglym off.

From now on just use car wash shampoo and then autoglym and the sealent too as it just protects it more as i dont really trust autoglym's stuff, more of a meguiars man myself!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Never ever ever ever use any household detergeants ever!!!! They contain degreasers which just dissolve all the wax and lacquer on your car, it'll make your paint look dull and faded!

Use some Auto Glym paint renovator a few times to revive it, then carry on with the super resin polish. If you want to, go over it with extra gloss protection, leave it for an hour, then buff. Awesome stuff, unless you don't mind paying the extra for meguiars.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks everyone persil now in bin i never knew any of that great advice mates thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Washing up liquids actually contain emulsifiers, "Emulsions are fundamentally the dispersion of two liquids that aren't ordinarily miscible, such as oil and water". So as said above persil WILL remove the wax on your car. I use an emulsifier at work and its bloody good at separating oil and water. Don't know the exact properties of washing up liquids but I'm sure they don't mix well with the lacquer cote as already said bottom line don't use any household stuff on the mota!

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    always wax your car, polish is not the same thing.

a good wax layer will help to prevent fading scratches, paint chips etc etc. plus dirt will come off eaiser.

all polish does is make your car look shiney for a bit

wash
    dry
    polish
    wax
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If i were you, i would start using something else apart from autoglym, as this is a cleaner/polish and wax in so they say! the sealent is suppose to be put on after a polish and not over a wax.........

I would start out with the meguiars 3 stage package.
    Or
    If you really want smooth bodywork claying is essential - quick clay
    For paint cleansing - Bodyscrub/Scratch x
    Polish (a proper polish contains no cleaners) - Stage 2 polish
    Sealent - NXT tech
    Wax - #16 from the body shop part

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/, all available from the shop.

If you want the polish/sealent/wax could be replaced with gold Class but this does not include a sealent and would need topped.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Wax

Can anyone help ??? My astra is that black colour with the fag ash grey flakes in the paint i use auto glym gold/super resin polish and to me it doesnt look as good as some of the cars in some pics i see on this site !!! I wash and polish it every other day if poss !!!! I may spray it black coz that colour looks wicked when you polish it !!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well id suggest cleansing the paint, then polish it with proper polish not autoglym, then seal with a sealent such as poor boys ex-p then wax it.

That will bring the best finish if applied with a machine polisher or just with your hand.

I personally only use meguiars soon will use poorboys/sovereign wax/p21s etc. Try meguiars body scrub then scratch x to rid of any swirling then either dc -2 meguairs polish then some sealant like nxt wax and then finally top with dc -3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast