Thread: Anti Theft valve caps...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anti Theft valve caps...

Had 2 cheap alloy valve caps nicked, so got a set or Richbrook "anti theft" ones. They are plain alloy, with a grub screw that bites into the thread to stop them commin off. But sum1 nicked one of those today too.

Can u reccomend a decent anti-theft valve cap? I am considering putting the standard black plastic ones back on.. as they are worthless. BUT they are easy to take off if sum1 wants to let ur tires down.

Has anyone got a good way of keepin the air in my tires??
    Cheers
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've not come across a valve cap that a little scrote on a BMX can't nick in less than the time it takes to get down your garden path to cuff the little git! :shock:

I've given up with fancy caps now and found that the standard plain black plastic things always stay on the valves.

only other option is to go for the flush fitted valves, i think Steve has them on his Sri

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anti theft ones arnt anti theft if u got the allan key to take them off, i bot a expensive set for the wee ******* down the street to take them off the same night i put them on. Worst thing is i confronted him about it, but couldnt be arsed beating him, due to him being scum and would end up scratching my car or something.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive given up with any of these like Mr EP3 here.
    if you find any that do work gimme a shout

although i think anyhting that draws attention to your car makes it more at risk from vermin. so im not to bothered about smill pieces of shiney metal, not untill i get a garage of my own for my car to call home at least

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a company that makes valve caps that need a special 2 pronged 'key' that goes into the top of them (abit like the locking centre caps on vx alloys). a guy i know in vxlscc has them n says they are top bananas! think it may b richbrook that make them but not 100% sure!
    Bass, the final frontier

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the best anti-theft ones I've come across are the black ones.

Alternatively a mate who got fed up of silver ones always being nicked sprayed black ones silver.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sxibeast - yeah, they were the ones i wanted to get when i bought the grub screw ones, but the shop didnt hav them in at the time. These are the ones that have a loose rotating sleve, so u cant grip them to undo them right?? Has anyone got/seen upclose?? I've only seen pics, and i wondered if they are effective?

i hope the plain black originals dont go missin too. At this point i am not bothered about having shiny bits on the wheels - i just want to make sure that ppl wont let them down. I would gladly hav ugly caps, so long as they do the job...
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep they're the ones! The guy who has em says they are really good! he said he even tried to get em off without the key n says that its impossible!
    Bass, the final frontier

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd go for flush fit caps, there are several companies in the UK who sell these. I put them on my wheels and they look sweet, with a valve that looks like a little bolt and sits right in the wheel. You use an adaptor stem to fill the tyres, they DON'T leak air at all and cost about the same per set as the ally bolt in valves.

I had two valves fitted when changing tyres and the garage did the other two wheels (take off the tyres, replace the valves and refit the tyre in same position) for £10.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got any pics at all steve? sound good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast