Thread: thieving gits

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

thieving gits

woke up this morning to find that my house mates girlfriends car had been stolen from outside my house

they had tried to get into the car behind hers as well but with out success

the car had been found before she reported stollen as it was envoled in a serious hit and run and then smashed into a bridge

as a result of this me and my girlfriend went to halfords and brought a disklok each bloody £80 but hopefully it will detur the little ****s!!

you hear about it everyday but its quite an eye opener when it happens outside your house and to think i didn't hear anything either and my bedroom window was open with the car almost directly infront of it!!

just hope the injuries suffered by the person hit arent life threaterning although she is not allowed the car back untill the ferensic guys have finish with it which suggests it was a very serious accident

i wish i had caught them they wouldn't steal a car again

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    God that's shocking! Lets hope its a case of what goes around comes around for the little tossers, although with them I'd like to request a long, slow, lingering death..

(sorry, I dont like people who steal)
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yup, it's a sickener

I've had 2 cars stolen, and one of those was fitted with a then top of the range clifford alarm and i was still non the wiser :roll:

make your car look like it'll take longer than next doors' to nick and they'll leave it alone. sad but true i'm afraid

best wishes to the poor person who got to wear the car

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thats why we got the diskloks to try and detur them plus i've got the stand vx alarm

hopefully it will £160 well spent

although the fiesta had a handbreak to gearstick lock thing i thinks thats why they tried to take the fait first

they were definatly after a car as the fait had an electric hedge trimer aswell as a few other bits on the back seat but they took noting from it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    aye, one of the cars i had go walk about was found 30 miles away from where they took it from, still had the ICE and my cd's in too, coppers said they probably just wanted a ride home :shock:

I think if i saw anyone touching my car now, i'd superglue their hands to the tailgate and go for a blast down the A55

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Damn, hope no one's to badly injured.

Can't understand why anyone who's going to mod a car doesn't have an Aftermarket alarm fitted as there first mod. I did.

Still, getting a visable deterant is a good idea.

My Estate had 6 flashing LEDs (one on each door and one on the dash for each system)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    it wasn't a moded car just a bog standard 1litre fiesta

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    although at the end of the day it doesn't mater what sort of car it was from modded astra to aston martin to a standard fiesta 1litre at the end of the people rely on there cars and to have it stole is a pain in the arse. i spent 3 hours in the police station with the girl and her boyfriend while will found out what was going on with the motor!!

she had alot of uni work in the car which wasn't back up. on computer, now ok i know its not sensible to leave anything in your car (i have nothing in mine) but it is easy to get complacent and leave a such things as a pad off paper in your car