Thread: Astra Coupe Turbo Questions

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Coupe Turbo Questions

I posted a while back about buying an Astra GSi turbo. I was also considering a new Coupe Turbo, but the fact that the GSi had more power and has half leather as standard - I was more interested in the GSi.

In the last few days I have found out that the Coupe Turbo now comes with half leather as standard and also now has the same engine setup and power as the GSi.

Because of these changes Vauxhall have made, I am now considering a coupe more seriously.

I just got a few questions:

1. There is an option to upgrade the wheels to 18"s. This upgrade includes uprated rear springs - why?
    2. Does the latest revised version (as of this month) now include switchable TC?
    3. Does the coupe have the same tuning potential as the GSi?
    4. Does anyone here have the 18" alloy upgrade? If so, what is it like on the road?
    5. What features does the climate control have?

I can get £5000 off a new one - so I am almost certainly going for this option now. Cheers for any info.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the reason for the springs will be to stop it scrubbing the archies i would imagine

the engine is the exact same in both cars so tuning will be the same

only difference being the half leather in the GSI is recaro where as in the coupe i think it is just half leather coupe seats

why not go for a used one with full leather?

and as for the older ones having less power, it was only 10bhp of a difference IIRC and down to just software. If you ask the dealers nicely they will load the latest version onto the car for you
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is no point going for a used one as I can get a new one with metallic paint, zenons, 18s, climate control, cd storage and heat reflective front and rear screens for just over £16k.

It seems a bit crap that the 18s don't really fit so they have to fit uprated spring - no doubt ruining the ride....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It seems a bit crap that the 18s don't really fit so they have to fit uprated spring - no doubt ruining the ride....
    i wouldn't really say crap, just that there is less sidewall to absorb movement so to compensate this the standard suspension would have to move more, uprated or stiffer suspension is there to reduce the suspension travel under similar loads. The astra is actually good for fitting larger wheels 19s will even go under the arches with no major problems. The ride won't really be ruined either, handling will probably be improved though hope that helps mate!!
    Ally wings, less " The Fast and the Furious" more "The Gay and the Gaudy"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they're probably just being extra cautious with the springs, plenty of people on here have fitted larger rims with no trouble.

wouldn't worry too much about the different rated power, they all put out similar results on the rollers

I do find the Recaro seats in the GSi more comfortable than the coupe seats

I wonder what sort of deal they would do on the proper colour sat-nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be fine with the coupe seats - the last 3 cars I've owned (all Astras) had the same seats, which I've always found comfy.

Cheers for the info so far - anyone know about the other bits?

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine`s an early one, it went on the rollers and returned 210bhp bog standard.

That was 2 1/2 years ago, it`s a bit more now tho
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Astra Coupe Turbo Questions

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWarner
    I posted a while back about buying an Astra GSi turbo. I was also considering a new Coupe Turbo, but the fact that the GSi had more power and has half leather as standard - I was more interested in the GSi.

In the last few days I have found out that the Coupe Turbo now comes with half leather as standard and also now has the same engine setup and power as the GSi.

Because of these changes Vauxhall have made, I am now considering a coupe more seriously.

I just got a few questions:

1. There is an option to upgrade the wheels to 18"s. This upgrade includes uprated rear springs - why?
    2. Does the latest revised version (as of this month) now include switchable TC?
    3. Does the coupe have the same tuning potential as the GSi?
    4. Does anyone here have the 18" alloy upgrade? If so, what is it like on the road?
    5. What features does the climate control have?

I can get £5000 off a new one - so I am almost certainly going for this option now. Cheers for any info.
    2. Switchable traction control is easy to fit if you want it , just a switch and a bit of wiring.
    3. Yes
    4. I have a different set of 18's on but i would say 18's make the car look and handle better .

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought 18's were standard on a coupe turbo, with 17's standard on the 2.2, 1.8 and 1.6 these days ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No - the Turbo has specific 17s different to those on the NA models - the 18" upgrade is an option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast