Thread: stripping parts from mk3 - help :(

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

stripping parts from mk3 - help :(

I posted the other day about this in general chat, about being offered parts from a mk3 sri or whatever the hell it is for next to nowt.
    Im about to go and start stripping the parts I want, however, theres a couple of things I need to know about.

Im going to be removing the electric door mirrors, now, obviously I need the switch unit from the door, and the loom behind the door card, but, are there any relays etc that I will need in addition to this?
    The central locking - will it be worth removing it, or shall I just get a central locking kit when I get a new alarm with remote locking/unlocking?
    The clocks - will it have a full compliment of warning lights as on mine, as the car Im taking it from doesnt have an airbag, and mine does.

Thanks

Sy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, my, effing, god.
    I have just stripped some of the parts from this astra, only to find that I need not only the whole loom from the doors to attach these mirrors to, but also the entire under-dash loom as well, as my door multiplug has only 2 connectors, for the speakers, and the SRi has about 12 connectors in the plug.
    So, I now have to decide whether its worth putting leccy mirrors on, or, if theres a way around replacing the entire loom.
    I need help
    Anyone???

Sy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, screw that, Im not removing the entire wiring harness from the interior of the car JUST so I can have electric mirrors.
    Ive just enough electronics expertise to maybe get them working without it, so Im just gonna have to have a play methinks.

Sy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    make the wiring loom for the electric mirrors urself.thats whao i did,then lay the loom under carpets and hook up power supply etc.i used aftermarket mirrors so didnt use the heated function on the normal mirrors, but im gessin ud need to wire it to the heated rear window switch or something.(maybe at the fuse box)
    Vec-C SRi 150 with all the toys...