Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reccomend a good Pressure Washer?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reccomend a good Pressure Washer?

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and the g/f has kindly offered to get me a pressure washer

...but I dont know which one to get. Karcher ones look pretty good.. but would I get a better one by spending the same ammount of £££ on a halfords/b&q/homebase one? How much do I need to spend to get a decent one, and what brands should I be lookin at?

Cheers
    B.A.D.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Karcher or ALTO are probably the best out there and have much better service backup and accessories available to enable them to do moure than just cleaning a patio, like most of the cheaper stuff.

I've got and old Kew (now called ALTO) and they do an under-chassis lance which is perfect for blasting crud out of the arches and underside.

Get one with as higher PSI as possible and, if the funds stretch that far, on with an inbuilt water heater would be superb.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But please dont use it on your cars paintwork as it will induce small hairline scratches as the contaminents go along your paintwork. Use it for your wheels and paving stones etc.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ_
    But please dont use it on your cars paintwork as it will induce small hairline scratches as the contaminents go along your paintwork. Use it for your wheels and paving stones etc.
    When u say "dont use it on paint" are u refering to the super high pressure under chassis lance, or the pressure washer in general?

I was gona get one with a "normal high pressue lance", for the body, and a "super high pressure" (under chassis) one for doing the wheels. Does that sound right?
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Use the pressure washer as a very diffused mist to quickly clean off the suds after washing. Blasting off the dirt can abrade the clearcoat and damage it in the long term.

If you can get a pressure washer with a soap dispenser that is a good thing to have, you can spray the car down and then hit it with a sponge and really get the dirt off

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep steve got what i meant. Under the chassis, wheels, wheel wells. But dont let that thing go along ur body or u will need a compound to rub out the scratches. I would not even use the pressure washer on the body at all steve. A stream of water is much easier as the water sheets off the car and doesn leave beading that you would have to dry, depends how picky you are to be honest mate. But post pics of how u get on with the washer either way!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been to B+Q and decided on this one:
    Karcher KB9030
    CLICK FOR DETAILS

When I get it, ill let u know how I get on.
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice - I'm looking to buy something similar soon.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I bought a cheap one from ASDA once, it lasted about 3 times before it packed up!! I took it back and complained and got my money back. Then I went to Halfords and bought a Karcher one for about £60, and it has never let me down. It has the soap function on it aswell. I also have the rotated brush atttachement.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Used my new washer (as above) for first time on Weds - it's brilliant!! Esp on the wheels, makes things a lot easier than with sponge. Good at getting the bugs off too. It has a "vario lance" so u can adjust power anywhere from sprinkle up to blast - works very well, as the soap automatically comes in when u twist it to low power, and shuts off soap when u twist to full power - very convienient.

One slight downside is that the soap holder isnt built in - so if u have to move the unit, u have to drag the soap bottle around after you too. The pressure hose is pretty long, so u can get around the car if u park the unit next to the drivers door. One other downside is that my hose kept popping off the inlet - im using a hozelok connector, but if the hose is pulled at an angle it pops off. Might need to get a new connector for my hose I think.

I need to practise a bit more, as I keep missing bits - so was still dirty in places when it dried... but that's down to user error, not the unit!

Overall I would reccomend this washer - seems sturdy and well made, and pressure is plenty (actually a very strong force u can feel thru the handle!). There are plenty of accesories availible, and was a good price at £154. Im dead pleased with it (thnx to my g/f for the bday prezzie!)
    B.A.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast