Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Knock Sensor - code 1329

Hi All

Well, the good old engine management light has come on and the car's driving like it's got a 1 litre engine in it with hiccups!

It should be a 1.8 16v Mk4 Sport - I've linked pins 4 & 6, and come out with a code of 1329 - which apparently means a knock sensor on cylinder 4.

Anybody got any ideas on what can cause this, and if I can fix it, or is it a trip down to vauxhall for me?

Cheers
    Astra Sport 1.8 Deristricted Airbox, Irmscher Gunmetal dash, blue dial conversion

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a similar problem only it could be either the knock sensor or the cam position sensor. I've had it on a Tech2 by a man I trust and he said it sounds a little tappy on the top end and that a common cause of Knock Sensor faul codes being recorded is low oil level.

Mine is having a full service this weeknd followed by a good couple of tanks of Optimax to see if this helps to cure the pinking but failing that, it's a new Knock Sensor and Cam position Sensor... which total £215 from Mr GM inc fitting

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    topped up the oil, reset the ECU & no problems (for now)! :| Seems a bit thirsty on the old oil, but I suppose it has done 100,000 miles now!