Thread: Scared! - I defo need a remap!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scared! - I defo need a remap!!

Well following a little run in with a Cupra R the other week - I have become very on edge about other cars on the road - that is to say - I'm not the only one on the roads that I use that has performance mods! - obvious i know - but you can become ignorant of the fact. Anyway - I was convinced that the LCR I was scared by was not standard. I have played with a fair few before and not had real trouble.

So as such i have had a little look around at what options are available to them - there is the obvious AMD route and i've also found something called Revo.

This is very popular in the SEAT circles and they are getting big figures - as in Phase 3 beating :shock: :shock:

Figures are 270BHP and 290LBFT
    but have seen results such as 275BHP and 315LBFT.

You'll say - thats the same as Phase 3 - BUT its not

those results are from JUST software. :shock: :shock:

Its cool - because you can manually select the mod you run in can adjust boost etc through a switch device that plugs into the diag port. - you can control from 1bar to 1.4bar

Check out - http://www.revotechnik.com/uk/ukrevo.html

So everyone - watch out!! before going picking on people! - that includes you Pete!
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also apr chip, takes the standard 225bhp lump to 285bhp... software alone.. with the turbo, intercooler fiter exhaust etc u can get 330bhp+ - for less that £1500 quid!!
    SRi-T 252bhp - 284ft/lb - Get In!
    http://img12.exs.cx/img12/2060/sigraggit.jpg

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VW's are highly tuneable. There was that 1.8T one at AMD running 300bhp + :shock:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    APR announces the Stage IIII system. The ultimate turbo system upgrade is now available for the Audi S3, Leon Cupra R, TT and other 1.8T 225bhp engined cars. This kit is capable of 385 horsepower and 426 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel on 93 octane gas. :shock: :shock: :shock:

AND THATS ONLY ON 93 OCTANE - IMAGINE THAT WITH OPTIMAX!!!!
    BE WARNED, BE SCARED!! BE VERY SCARED!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can flick the power settings manually dependant on the kind of fuel you've put in - thats smart!.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Z20lets are a right pain to tune compared to other turbo motors :? :roll:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon
    The Z20lets are a right pain to tune compared to other turbo motors :? :roll:
    This is now apparent :roll: :roll: - is that just down to the software though?

Most other modern performance cars now run same the intelligent Bosch software the Z20LET has - but they have advanced faster and further with tuning development.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know with the apr one, u can turn it on, off, optimax mode, valet mode(standard map and wont go over 3,000rpm) and race mode?

all done via cruise control stalk..my mate has ibiza cupra 1.8t, and thats chipped, with bigger turbo etc and is running 275bhp - in an ibiza u can imagine its fast..and it is... its good cos u hold down the cruise button and the longer u hold it down, the faster the ecu light flashes, ie the faster the flash, the different number option is chosen..good trick also is u can lock it out with a code, (entered by a up down button sequence..) and u can lock it out so the dealer would never know it was there.... very good..wish we could get it!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I must confess I was snooping around on a Cupra site the other day ops: to see what they are up to and noticed some respectable figures from little modding.

it irritates me that our motors are tricky to get good figures from, its supposed to be a tough motor so its frustrating we can't push the hardware a little more just from software mods :?

just one point in question, a lot of people talk about induction air temp as a result of upping boost etc, but our intercoolers aren't that bad as standard, when compared to those on the LCR which is tiny and tucked down in the R/H inner wing. Just one point I know, but one that bugs me :?

I also noticed a few of them talking about oversteer when not even pushing which sounded alarming for a fwd car :shock:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    remember though, the 1.8 T engine has been out since 1997, so the tuners have had 7 years to tune them, VAG themselves have helped the tuners by making fatory versions up to 225bhp.

The C20LET is capable of 280bhp now with just software, but Vauxhall don't make it any more, I did here on the grape vine that the VXR engine hardware, maybe used in engines producing lower power/torque for lesser models.

Just like the forthcoming 1.6 16v Turbo VXR engine, it is 180bhp, but the same engine will be used in applications from 100bhp to 180bhp for the VXR's.

Hopefully this will make higher tuning easier and more commonly available.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast