Thread: New Kit's, Alloys etc...at Automechanika Updated with Pics

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Kit's, Alloys etc...at Automechanika Updated with Pics

Well, i have just got back from a small trip to Frankfurt, to see the Automechanika show(was invited) a a short vist to my old stamping ground in Stuttgart and Affelterbach for a short but very good preview of something that I have been planning for a while(hush hush at the mo, but some of you will probably know as I may have mentioned a few things ). First off I forgot my camera in the hotel so no pics of some of the stuff that I saw. But......

I will try and describe as best that I can (so excuse the length of the post).

I did manage to get a brochure or two.. I saw the kit that Mat has posted about, as well as one or two that I have not seen before. There were a few kits for the Astra H, one of which has nice pictures.

There were loads of alloys about. Lots of Chrome stuff, but a few new colours that I had not seen before. So the choices now include pink, iridium, blue, green, red, purple, a rainbow kind of effect well a few to say the least... These are not spray jobs but are coated as per the usual colours like Silver, hyper silver, gunmetal etc. FK automotive had a Golf 5 on there stand with blue metallic effect rims, which although sounds aweful, really worked well with the colour of the car and the interior.

Electronics there were a plenty including in car pc's with various add on goodies(anyone fancy a TV/radio card with built in RDS and Digital TV tuner), incar screens, dvd etc galore and more that a few diagonistic goodies to tune your Astra a la 'AMD one click' style, and monitoring equipment to show various things that your engine is doing. Xenon HId retrofit kits were in abundence and leds and neons seemed to be everywhere..

Speaking of tuning a few tuning companies were there. Things included uprated turbo's for the Astra G and H, brakes, intercoolers, LSD, uprated clutches, gearboxs, cams, pistons etc etc. A kitted out Zafira GSI was present which had a claimed output over 300BHP and massive 20' rims. At this point I was kicking myself for not having my camera as it had a awesome install and bodykit to boot.

I will try and scan a few of the brochures and post the pics up, some of the astra G bodykits photos are not great but hopefully you will get a general idea.

All in all a very nice trip that was ruined on my return when I discoverd that my CD changer had been stolen from my car , from the supposedly secure parking at Heathrow. Hopefully this will end well, as they have taken all the details, taken photos and they have said that they would reimburse me for the cost of a replacment. Time will tell..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pics of new stuff asap please

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bazil thanks for the update mate and sorry for not ringing you before or while you were there, had loads going on and forgot to take your number with me to Billing!!! ops:

I will give you a call tonight or tomorrow if thats ok
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No probs Mat, I gathered that with Billing on, that things would be rather hectic. I did keep an eye out for you, but give me a call when you get a chance.

As it turned out things were really hectic at the show as it was huge, more than 4300 exhibitors, so I ended up walking briskily for over 8 hours and only just got to see about half of what I really wanted to. A lot of the halls I did not have time to see, especially as on the Sunday I needed to get through to Stuttgart for a Dinner do. Ah, well as I said I got a few brochures so I am busy browsing the websites and will start scanning a few of the more interesting ones such that I can post up.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pics of some of the stuff that I have not seen before. The Astra G pic's from the brochure are a bit poor, but they are good enough to see what the kit looks like. It did look a lot better in real life. Both Kit's are made of fibreglass and the fitment seemd to be spot on, on the 2 demo cars on show. The kits are made in Portugal

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    iberdesign Basil?? Thanks for the pics mate ) the astra G one is avaiable to buy in Max Power this month from FFWD iirc Not to sure about it myself. I like the rear on the astra H though
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    illusion are selling that or a kit very similiar to it......matrix or shadow iirc.

Not a fan of the mk4 but i think a proper colour and some better styling bits and it has possibilities. I am liking the MK5 kits now, make the car a bit more aggressive.

THanks for the pics and info Basil appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iberdesign Basil??

Nope, I asked them that and was told that they were there own brand of products. The company is called LineXtras. They also had a kit which is not in there brochure (hence no pics) called Skyline. It had a really cool rear bumper, the front was just wrong.

I agree with you on the Astra H. The front looks a lot better without the slats and some foglights in it, like there demo car had. I am still kicking myself for forgetting my camera