Thread: Family visits....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Family visits....

My dads uncle and aunty have visited us twice since we moved home from australia and my dads cousin has also visited us (the other three havent) and dads cousins ( the one that visited us) eldest Daughter decided to go on a Contikki tour while Stopping off in london she decided to spend four days with us!!

I havent Seen Kylie (who i class as MY cousin) in TEN years and i didnt have a clue what she looked like or what she would be like or anything!!! but yesterday morning after knowing she'd be here i ran upstairs to turn my alarm clock off (after waking up before it) and she said "hiya colin" i went hey kylie ran through and switched the alarm clock off didnt realise what i'd said till i had arms wrapped round me and heard her Australian Accent it was wierd for two seconds i felt like i was back there!!

This weekend has been so wierd we have tried to cram in 10 years of not seeing each other into four days!!! when i heard she was coming i thought we would have nothin in common! we both have the same habits, we both have a love for HOLDENS and we both love pasta and loads loads more!! it's been brilliant! and her boyfriend is holden daft so we hit it off aswell!

It's been an Unbelievable weekend and it's made me want to go back to Australia for a holiday more than ever!!

anyone else had a family visit that has made them feel like they want to go somewhere they neverthought they would go to!!???

i said i would never return to Australia as i was bullied at school for being an Aussie but since i have left school i am proud to be Half Scottish half Aussie!! But i'm seriously considereing a 6 week break in Australia next Christmas!! or the following one!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea i had the same sort of thing :roll: i'm half canadian, born here bit i pld ice hockey in canada for 6 years and i wasn't all that welcomed back here. I am now playing ice hockey to a national level. Quite funny now though when you realise that those who gave me shit are now working in mcdonalds or something

good on ya though skip. always good to see family again.

oh and i don't think that should discourage you. I regulary make a trip to Canada some by choice, some because i have to for ice hockey but apart from that it's always good to see old friends and family. I would say defo go for it mate, best thing you will have done i guarantee it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah mate it's really good to see My family and i really miss the ones in Australia it's not like i can hop on an hour long flight to see them!!! it takes 24hours to fly there and it's not worth your while going for a week or two!!

We have talked about this all weekend when i moved to Australia both time ( we came home in 1992 for 11months) everyone was very welcoming but when i came back to Scotland in 1996 it wasnt so welcoming the kids hated me took the pi$$ and everything! thats the difference between the two country Australia is laid back, here they can be very racist!!

It deffinately is good to see family again and i'll be pretty down when Kylie leaves to continue her Tour of Europe but we will keep intouch and I will go back to Australia!! I'm a citizen so i can come and go as i please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep i am also a dual citizen. Has many benefits you can play for either country

anyway yea i am always gutted when they leave but make sure you stay in touch as much as possible it makes things so much easier. IT only takes 8 hours to get to toronto so mines not so bad when i go. I'm usually there anything from 2 weeks to 2 years.

I would like to tour australia at some point but i'm still exploring america when i'm travelling with the team so it's always a new adventure. You shuold take quite a while to stay due to the 24 hour flights because i can't evne begin to consider the jet lag i was moaning last month about the jet lag after flying to dallas but that's nothing compared to your flight lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it takes 2-3 days for me to recover from the jet lag from the flight to Australia, after that i'm fine, when i go across i'm gonna stay for abotu 6-8 weeks over xmas and New year, Christmas is always a great time in Australia baking hot sun and the barbie (not the doll no shrimps either) is brilliant! pity it has pissed down all weekend or i would have taken them to knockhill!!

but what i cant get over is after ten years apart we still have the same habits, we have the same love for Holdens, we both love pasta, we both follow the same Aussie rules football team, we both follow Rangers FC, we both are argumentative, we both have a short fuse there is loads i could keep goin! it's brilliant!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    she follows rangers :shock:

Yea it is suprising what you have in common even after so many years. I can't even begin to describe how great it is seeing family again. I'm considering taking a month out in canada in November just because i need to get away for a bit and would love to play against my mates again before i have to go back over. I don't really get enough time for them when i HAVE to be there and playing, as i am usually on a very tight schedule with various activities and trying to keep time for mates and making sure i have extra time for ice hockey.

Really happy for ya mate i know the feeling all to well. Just make sure you enjoy the time she is here and remember it, especially as you are going over there. What's teh currency like over there btw ? canada is great as its 2.5 dollars to every pound so you go over with what you think is little money and end up buying loads of posh meals and going out and buying things you didn't think were affordable and certainly aren't over here.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well we wroked it out the only way i can understand it was if they put it into car terms ops: ops: the CV8 Monaro costs $72,995 across there convert that to pounds it works out at £24,645, If you put things into car terms i understand them any other way i'm f**ked basically!!

My life revolves around General Motors!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if i remember the business report it was £1 - $2.56(AUS) so ye that's abt right.

Dunno why you couldn't just figure that out :P

oh ye and excellent religion she ahs aswell I don't know her but she does sound awesome.

Right anyway i'm off for the night so c ya later mate. I would say hiya to kylie but prolly think i'm weird but hey anyways heh c ya bud.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey bud, lol she is awesome last time i saw her she was 9!! so it's a big shock seeing her and gettin to know her again basically! but i'm glad we have so much in common!! last day to day with her she flies to london tomorrow morning to continue her Contikki tour so gonna take her and Lee Ten pin Bowling and get pi$$ed so any dodgy posts late on tonite just ignore them ops: