Thread: Astra Mk3 Central Locking Problems (3 door)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Mk3 Central Locking Problems (3 door)

I have removed all my door locks on my Astra Gsi and now have the Vectra blank door handles in my car. I had problems with my passenger door not opening on the central locking alarm and the button does not pull up once locked, I can force the button up and it will then open the door, some times it frees itself when I pull it real hard to open it ie the button will go up and down but then fail again later :? . I am now having trouble with my drivers lock not locking , I press the remote and the locking system attemps to lock the car but the drivers button is staying up now, I can't even push it down. Any ideas on what is happening, will the central locking motors from a 4 door mk3 work? Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    when your had the handles out are you sure you put everything back in the right place? there are little clear/white plastic things that the rods sit in,they've got little nobbely bits on them and need to locate correctly.try taking the door cards off, sit in the car and try locking it with the remote locking and see if the rods or door pins are catching on anything.also there should be little micro switches attached to the old lock barrels, if you've left them in place, make sure they arnt being activated by anything coz that will mess around with doors locking etc.4door locking motors should be the same but not sure for def.hope some of this helps in some way.Pm me if things still arnt right, Neve'o
    Vec-C SRi 150 with all the toys...