Thread: Audi RS4 style rims on a Coupe - how and where ?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Audi RS4 style rims on a Coupe - how and where ?

I've always wanted a set of these rims for my coupe but up until now, I've always believed that it wasn't possible because the pcd, offset and centre bore were all the wrong size.

However, having seen the Zafira on Elite's website with 19 RS4s on, things have obviously moved on. I spoke with them and they advised that they'd used pcd variation bolts and the offset and centre bore differences didn't present any problems.

This seemed a bit too good to be true to me so I'm hoping those of you with some mechanical expertise can advise me if I can expect any problems if I try this on the Coupe (not sure how pcd variation bolts work, if they effect the offset differences further for instance, nevermind where they can be sourced or at what cost) .

Also tried sourcing ATP wheels (9 Razze), which are a similar style and were featured in a recent post by Dave Dempsey (Dempster ?) as an alternative but it seems they aren't available in a Vauxhall fitment either, according to the UK Importer/Distributor.

Grateful for any advice offered, particularly if anyone knows of an alternative replica wheel (much cheaper than the real thing !) that has the correct Vauxhall fitment.

Cheers

Lav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    The Audi RS4 wheel in 18" or 19" can be adapted to fit a Vauxhall.

The PCD of the Vauxhall is 5 x 110 and the Audi Rim is 5 x 112. This problem can be overcome by using offset bolts.

The centre bore of the Audi wheel in standard form is too small to fit the Vauxhall hub, this will have to be machined to the Vauxhall dimension.

Once this has been done it should fit fine with no mods to the car itself. The 18" version is ET45, and is an 8 x 18" rim. So the usual 215 35 tyre may be too narrow for this rim.

Vauxhall fit 225 35 18's on the Astra coupe from the Factory so this would be the better option. The Factory 18" Coupe rim is not too different from the RS4, just not dished like the Audi, these would be a direct fit.

I have a set arriving tomorrow..............hopefully!!!

Hope this helps.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Other options ......

Cheers Phantom,

appreciate your reply but you've got me curious as to what Vauxhall rim you're getting. Could you give me a few more details and/or pics as I might save myself some grief if there's something out there that's very close to the RS4 style.

many thanks

Andy