Thread: Suggestions required for speakers and possibly amps

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Suggestions required for speakers and possibly amps

first off, any1 tried 1 of those boss audio ripped D3 amps (3000w monoblock) ? Need opinions on it as a decent powerful and clean amp for some nice tight loud bass.

Next, I need 2x 12" very very loud but also very quick with a great sound quality (something 3000w aint gunna be wasted on but something that the amp will have a little more poke but will need to be cranked most of the way up)

Then I need 2 x either 8's or 6's something slighty mid bass (well a bit higher bass than the 12's) Something that will be heard along side the 12's but seriously fast and punchy (really good SQ) - p.s. these are to go in cabin not boot - maybe run another boss audio d3 for these puppies or a suggestion around £200 price range for powering these.

Next i'm after an amp for fronts, rears and a centre channel (not necesarily centre) - must be capable of running at least 2 sets of components in the front doors (pref 4) and rear fill in speakers (for the lamers in the back) - and hopefully 2 sets of 6x9's and a set of comps in the boot.

Next i need advice on good components around the £200 price range... again loud as... but of the best quality... volume is required to over power subs but i'll be running 2 sets up front.

You get the rest.... ideas guys and sensible 1's... also prices and places to buy online.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check out the orion range. i currently have a 12inch sub (500rms), a 600rms amp, and components (front doors) which are orion. I highly recommend there stuff.

Check out http://www.sjfvehiclesecurity.co.uk/html/orion.html for more info.

Their top of the range amp does 2500rms. and their top of range sub (H2's) are gorgeous and very loud.

R-Tec in st albans has 2 12 inch orion subs and the 2500 rms amp, and that car is too loud to describe.
    Owner of a GOLD coupe few random pics ere

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    firstly, set an overall budget and how you want to install the item's,

Its pointless buying half of the stuff you have talked about, it just doesnt make sense.

i mean 6x9's in the boot? with two high power sub's, thats a no no for a start.

set me a budget and i will set you a system, boss amp's dont live up to what they promise, the 3kw one only did 880w rms when scoped. :shock:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wanna show system so some full rangers must go in the boot.

Anyways, i'm working on about 1500 tops... if poss 1200

I want to achieve a wicked quality of sound and a loudness thats like.... woo yeah.

I was thinking maybe scrapping the idea of 6.5" comps and going for a set of 8's if they can be found as they will push harder im sure. And possibly 3 way components.

I also want the bass to be there throughout the frequency range... not just really really low.

And I want enough speakers and amps to look really good.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone im new here, im after an astra so i thought id register!

sku221e you wont get good SQ if you have 6 x 9s and subs running together. if you feel you have to have 6 x 9s protect them from the force of the subs because they will get a beasting otherwise!

For the fronts, you only need one set of good components or 3 way, i recommend 6.5" crystals, DLS, directed, genesis or diamond. one set run active will sound infinately better than 2 set of components. i recommend doing your ICE shopping at www.caraudiodirect.com.

I appreciate u might not wna take the advice from a newbie member! Check out www.talkaudio.co.uk and use the search function on 6 x 9s to find out the general opinion on them. Guys on there are ICE gods

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pretty much go with peter piper. If your after really good 12" try W7, DLS, XXX. The 6 by 9's are shit, and will make ur good system sound pants. Speakers stick to what peter piper says.

Amps. Genesis, soundstream etc.

As for your watt ratings, an amp with a ratting of 3000w will be in excess of 700 pounds not 300. Boss are shit, end of story Just try and buy the best you can at each stage, dont sacrfice sound for looks. Its just not worth it and ur system will sound absolutley bollocks if ya do.

JJ

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    SKuzzle you budget will be the limiting factor, but it is not impossible to get a excellent sound from less pricey electronics. I agree with everyone about the 6x9's and I am not a fan of 6x9 with subs as they are a waste of cash, but fine if you do not want subs. Some of the makes there will max's your budget pronto but they are all excellent makes and they do make cheaper ranges that should fall nicely in your budget. For speakers you can add the likes of Boston (neutral), Focal (tad bright for my ears, but excellent nonetheless), Alpine (some nice new stuff from them, that has impressed me greatly). Subs the likes of Alpine, Soundstream, PG, JL all make excellent stuff. Amps the above plus Alpine, Boston, PG, JL audio etc

AS for ICE shops there are many excellent ones to choose from, just search the forum. My advice phone them or even better go and see them and give them you budget and they will recommend you a system, and they will even let you hear most of the stuff. Most quality shops will spend time discussing systems with you. Listen to what they recommend and there advice and then decide what make to choose. If you want a alternative to caraudiodirect give www.cel-direct.com a call. Speak to Andy (he is difficult to get hold off, but speak to him. Call in the morings as he is generally available) mention that I sent you and he will sort you out. Alternatively try www.MCS-direct.com