Thread: Opinions/info needed R.E Irmscher roof spoiler

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Opinions/info needed R.E Irmscher roof spoiler

Bought one of these babies from Oddjob, must say excellent price and excellent service from him, I fitted it at the weekend just gone, was a b1tch to do by myself, anyway, applied just the right amount of silkaflex (that black goo) evened it over witht the spatula thing (I'd primed the spots on the window/tailgate that I was applying the spoiler to) the I attached the spoiler, lined it up so it was perfectly central etc but when you look at the top parts of the spoiller either side it doesnt seem to be sitting tight against the bodywork, I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be or if I've made a mistake etc, I value you opionion/advice, or if anyone has the same spoiler could you show me a pic fitted to the car?.....?

pics below, cheers

Drives '04 Vectra SRi 2.0T

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spoken to Oddjob who I bought the spoiler off and he thinks I may have fitted it too far forward, how difficult will it be to remove, strip the glue off and re-apply?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Opinions/info needed R.E Irmscher roof spoiler

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    The back edge of the spoiler and the edge of the tailgate should be flush, not with the over hang you've got.

I'll be a bugger to remove as it obviously designed not to.
    I assume carefully sliding a flat blade under it and cutting the adhesive is the only way, but your bound to scratch the paint work.

You'll have to decide if it's worth the risk.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks good Kev and Keifs right it does over hang a bit mate but the cars coming along nicely
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whilst cleaning the car today I had a good look round the spoiler, I've decided I'm going to take it off, it feels as if it will come away if I try hard enough, then I'll get the T-cut in along with Autoglyms finest to try and remove whats under there, when I fit it again, I'll badger RICHIE to come and help me fit it again, I know that the problem is only minor but it plays in my mind that it's wrong, thanks alot for your help guys as usual you've been very helpful

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think i'd do the same for the same reason.

To stop it happening again i'd put a small bit of wood betwwen the car and tail gate to stop it moving forward.

Good luck removing it. Remember - patience and don't force it off.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Opinions/info needed R.E Irmscher roof spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Bought one of these babies from AMK4, must say excellent price and excellent service from him, I fitted it at the weekend just gone, was a b1tch to do by myself, anyway, applied just the right amount of silkaflex (that black goo) evened it over witht the spatula thing (I'd primed the spots on the window/tailgate that I was applying the spoiler to) the I attached the spoiler, lined it up so it was perfectly central etc but when you look at the top parts of the spoiller either side it doesnt seem to be sitting tight against the bodywork, I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be or if I've made a mistake etc, I value you opionion/advice, or if anyone has the same spoiler could you show me a pic fitted to the car?.....?

pics below, cheers

Should the spoiler not start at the end if the silver strip in the first picture...? Basically so your attaching it tot he glass and not any paintwork. It looks as though if it were sat further down it would sit more flush to the glass going my the profile of the mounting area.

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    No, it sits level with the car at the top (half on the paint and half on the glass)
    If you sat it on the glass it would be angled down.

And because of the wdith of the tailgate it would fit correctly only on the glass.