Thread: Saving fuel

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saving fuel

I have a Turbo Coupe and I don't use the back seats in my car as I never take passengers in it. I find it weighs the car down too much plus I need lots of leg room which gives very little space at the back.

Would it be possible to take out the back seats in such a weigh that if I was ever to sell the car I can put them back in without any damage at all? Is there any company who can do this for me as I don't want any damage to my car at all and I'm assuming a company would have great knowledge in this area.

Also, what are people's opinions on this effecting the warranty. I've still got over 2 years left. Thanks

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you need more legroom and want to reduce weight, why dont you take out the front seats and sit in the back?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TBH, I wouldn't have thought that would make much of a difference to fuel economy as it is prob only gonna be less than 5% reduction in weight, where as driving style does deffo have an effect on economy.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuidge
    If you need more legroom and want to reduce weight, why dont you take out the front seats and sit in the back?
    That's not a pad idea with my huge legs

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    TBH, I wouldn't have thought that would make much of a difference to fuel economy as it is prob only gonna be less than 5% reduction in weight, where as driving style does deffo have an effect on economy.
    Yeah but without the back seats it makes it easy for me to say no when someone wants me to give them a lift. It sounds a bit skanky but I got mates who scrounge lifts left, right and centre just so they don't have to use their own car. Plus, if I don't ever use the back seats then its a bit of a dead weight even though it might be only less than 5%. If it only saves me 50p in fuel per full tank then that'll all add up in the long wrong.

Anyone know any companies who would take out the back seats for me?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could also get discounted insurance by doing this as the most claims from your vechical if you had an accident is 2 (you and passenger) therfore rulling out another possible 3 claims.