Thread: HOw possible ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HOw possible ?

OK as i'm under going some current custom work which i haven't mentioned until now

I was wondering how possible it is to fit a 8.5 inch rim to a mk4 hatch :roll:

i mean the arches are getting modded (not giving nowt away :P) but i dunno the offset of the rims i was looking at is but the pcd and fitment are right. Its not a standard vaux fitment i know that but i need to email them and get an exact ET before i can say what that is.

Is it just a case of telling the body shop to mod the arches enough to fit em under or is it just too wide ? they seem to think its possible but i'm sceptical.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you would be better of to get the wheels and then get the ody shop tp work around them. 8.5'' will fit on a hatch but with some compramises IE skinny tyres, not a huge drop due to rubbing etc and it will catch on the inner front wheel liner when on full lock.

Basically if 8.5'' is the only option get as close to ET49 as possible to keep it as close to the car as possible.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just got a reply and they're ET20. without giving anything away its a 3 piece wheel i'm getting made. they can do 7.5 x 18 upto 10 x 18 but i think the lip of the wheel will be really skinny on a 7.5 and it wont suit the style i need it to. I haven't seen an 8 but the 8.5 is OK. I really wanted the 9.5 x 18 but i figured i had no chance with that.

An yea matt that's what i'm doing teh bumpers are still in design and prep, because they came up with a new idea nd it sounds interesting but i want to see it before i judge it. I dont really wanna sacrifice full lock but this wheel is jsut so beautiful :roll:

I need to find out 3 ETs now but i cant see then being anywhere near ET49 :/ hmm in for alot of work i think.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would think you would need to mod the arches with that offset. My Asatra was running 8.5x18 BBS with 225/35 tyres, lowered 30mm over standard GSi ride height no scrubbing etc, but theres not a lot of room left.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah thats awesome Dave. I needed some good news

everything is looking good so far but its alot more work than i first though :roll:

oh and money

The arches will be modded due to the nature of the work but its just taking alot of time and planning. I was expecting a 3 month job maybe but its looking along the lines for 4-6 atm.

Will be worth it and it'll be done for next years show season so watch out lads :P

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The arches will be modded due to the nature of the work but its just taking alot of time and planning. I was expecting a 3 month job maybe but its looking along the lines for 4-6 atm.

Will be worth it and it'll be done for next years show season so watch out lad

we will see....mine was a 6month job its now been 20months Good luck with it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh god dont say that

they have a good rep for wor kdone on time and to a high standard. Aslong as the money keeps coming in i think its done in 5 months. IN his words "Your looking at anything from 3-6 months due to the nature and how quickly we get the designs and prep done". I said OK but after speaking to him a bit more we agreed that it had to be done for next years shows, i've set the task and if it isn't done there will be hell to pay muahahaha

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    have you got a second car to use?? Sometimes things can get out of your control and the people that are doing the work. Lots of parts I have wanted have taken a long time to arrive, even off some very respectable companies. Also your ideas evolve and change as the work progresses so time just slips away.....well for me it does any how. I have not seemmy car in months

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking to get a second astra as a run about but i have a courtesy car for the next 2 months then i dunno if i get to keep it or not they were very nice about it . I got a 1.6 SE MK4 Golf, not a fan of it compared to the astra.

I'm keeping a close eye on whats going on and i hope that once the plans are finished they stay like that i dont wanna change them once i'm happy. But i know they probably will. I'm "never happy" I've had the same plans set out for months though and only very minor details have been adjusted.