Thread: GSI Gearbox

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GSI Gearbox

I have a problem with the gearbox, everytime I put the car into 3rd gear it crunches when travelling at speed. The dealer recognises this as a fault as they have 2 cars of their own that do the same thing.
    Upon requesting warranty action from vauxhall, head office have stated that they are not going to do anything about all 3 of the cars because the car was never designed to be driven that fast.
    Does anyone else have this? as I would like to write a letter to Vauxhall showing that this is a bigger fault than they are stating.
    As for the fact the car was not designed to be driven that fast, does that mean the brakes and the rest of the car are not up to being driven at that speed. I did question what speed they expect a 200bhp car to be driven at.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tell them you are getting an RAC Independent Inspection carried out and having spoken to the inspector on the phone he is confident that they can take legal action against Vauxhall.

Also, who have you spoken to at Vauxhall so far? I think you are 100% in the right for this problem, one of the guys on zlet.co.uk has had a similar sort of problem and got a new engine sorted. You need to chase down Customer Services directly

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Steve, I have signed up on zlet to see what help i can get from there too.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    BODGIT - ur warranty is covered by all vauxhall dealerships.. i had a similar problem with my f13 gearbox and they replaced it under warranty.. make up sum other rubbish too and call magnus vauxhall on 01277263333. they are located in brentwood, but you will be gettin 3k worth of work done! they have a brilliant service.
    Feed Me The Fuel & I'll Let The Fire Burn
    I'm In Love With A Stripper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    magnus vauxhall brentwood are one of the best around i would say very good

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the advice i will call the dealership in brentwood and get them to sort it out. bit of a drive but will be worth it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello bodgit, I had the crunching third gear problem on my GSi, I requested that Vauxhall send out their field engineer to come in the car with me to look at the problem. He turned up and as soon as I showed him what the problem was he just said ok new gearbox needed and that was it all changed under warranty, try this approach, basically you're bypassing the dealer that way. let me know how you get on. The Vauxhall Customer Care Number is 01582 427200