Thread: Phase 1 Completed (With Pics)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phase 1 Completed (With Pics)

First phase of my car entertainment is now complete!! HOORAH!

All pictures are shown here : http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~m0ns...System/Sounds/

The front components are made by DLS and are called UR5S's. Quite costly at £500 but sound amazing so far. The tweater has a huge mounting depth and only just went in the wing mirror pods with some work. All the current wiring is 4 guage so its been stepped down for the current amp. Gonna get a genesis amp soon to replace it and then replace the sub also. Currently though sounds excellent and should sound better once run in properly then I can push them a little. Opinions on the install of the tweaters and the amp in the back most interested in. Trying to keep my spare wheel well etc. At some point funds permitting there will be a custom box placed opposite the amp so the boot is open again and there is no wiring or boxes about.

What you all think?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did you change speakers inside the doors,if yes did you use any adapters for them :shock:
    nice clarion you've got there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks really good that does.
    at least you've still got use of ur boot.
    very good install
    life's to fast to go slow. so get the turbo.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are 5.25" speakers, but I had them "pro" fitted so dunno how they fitted them. Cheers for the good comments so far

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looking good mate.....

the only thing i would say is with the tweeters, i would have made them a little lower down, and done some custom work to bring them out a little and "aim" them in the right direction. (as far as imaging is concerned)

like mine (suprisingly enough, "what i would have done" :roll: ) the photo doesn't really show them off well (because they are black, and black morphs into one big blob on a photo) but basically they are curved and moulded around the tweeter pod.

bear in mind if you were to do this, don't get it wrong as new ones cost £28 each! :shock:

with that said - looking nice mate, whens the computer goign in?
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks realy good! likeing the tweeters,

where did you get the mounting card/board thing for your amp to attach to from? make it yourself? it looks good, i just have my amp on the back of my right rear passenger seat.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Johnny I really dunno how its attached but its really well done. Was done by the Sound Gallery in Bucks, very highly regarded place and my mates dad owns it so I get a little discount and freebies etc

I think its a think bit of MDF or something but feels very solid.

Rusty - computer will proboably go on hold for a bit, dunno what to do first. Either get an amp and better sub etc to complete sound or to get computer in and then upgrade? As for the tweaters, I hear what your saying, but I'm not a complete audiophile so it proboably wouldnt make a huge difference to me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fair enough..... they look good anyway!

i would probably finish your sound system first, then do the computer. the computer can be a LOT of work, and chances are it'll be in and out of your car for a long time to come.... mine is currently out of my car AGAIN for more things. :roll:

get your sounds finished, enjoy them, then set about the computer if you want. i kinda wish i had doen it that way arouind rather than trying to get everythign done at the same time
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks really nice and stealthy. How did they get the speaker wire in the doors though :?:

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Phase 1 Completed (With Pics)

The method they used as far as I am aware was actually converting the wiring into pins which would fit into the original iso connector so it can still be taken off and then running cable each side. Sounded a little bit iffy but they assured me it was a very viable solution and would keep the same power through it etc. I suggested Basil's way but this seemed better warrenty wise etc.

Rusty - I like the sound as it is at the minute but do want to change it but currently happy so might try and get the pc in simply to start, and then go onto the upgrade route. The screen is say £200 and then about £500 for a nice small pc you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast