Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alpine 9833R fitment and steering/display advice

Hello everyone

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before but I'm planning to buy a Alpine 9833R head unit in the next couple of weeks for my 2002 Astra SXI.

I plan to keep use of the steering wheel remote controls and so I'm also buying the correct adaptor kit for this, the main question I would like to ask is that if I install this and unplug the Vauxhall display plug what would I loose apart from the radio information, IE would I loose the time & date aswell?

I would also be very grateful if anyone has fitted one of these Alpine models, either the 9833 or 9835, as I'd be interested to see how it looks fitted if anyone want's to post their pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Peter :?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If u want more info on the bits required to make the steering wheel controls work with alpine, see THIS TOPIC where I explained a lot of it. I hav a different model of HU to u, but it's the same parts u need.

As for the display (i presume u got the 2 line display?), since there's no MFD adapter, u will not see track info on it. U will see temp, time and date when the headunit is off. When the headunit is on, u will see temp and time on the top line, and nothing on the bottom line. I hav heard that if u cut a wire (yellow maybe??) that runs into the MFD then it makes it think that the headunit is off, and so it will keep displaying the date when the headunit is on. That's currently the best that can be done with the display when u got an alpine fitted. (PLEASE CHECK WITH SOMEONE WHAT COLOUR THE WIRE IS!!!! That's just my memory - i think it's yellow, but Im not 100% sure.)

Hope that helps?
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Alpine 9833R fitment and steering/display advice

Cheers m8, just out of interest, when will Alpine be bringing the combined OEM display adaptor out for the 9833/9835?

Thanks

Pete

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's no problem mate - let us know how u go with fitting the gear. (careful as ther's not a lot of space to work in!)

Im not sure if/when a display adapter will be availible for alpines - just there was not one availible at the time of writing. u could ask alpine directly - probly ur best bet! Oh, and dont forget to let us lot kno what u find out from alpine if u do talk to them!

Cheers
    B.A.D.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Alpine 9833R fitment and steering/display advice

will do, cheers for the help