Done a seach for some of these q's but could'nt find some of the info.
I've had my Mk4 SXI 5 door for a few weeks now and I have already replaced the head unit with a Blaupunkt DAB woodstock 53 but I want to change the speakers, but I don't want to spend a huge amount of money, I just want an improvement over the standard ones.
1. The standard one's are quite bassy and I don't really want to lose that, so would component speakers be better than coaxial? Also is it worth changing the front standard tweeters?
2. Is it worth changing the back speakers?
3. In my back doors there are speaker grills for more tweeters, is there any actually there (cosidering its an SXI), or is the wiring there already for them, and if so, is it worth changing/fitting them if the answer to q2 is yes or is it better with coaxials in the back?
4. Any recommendations on speakers, I can spend about £60 a pair, as I said, don't want anything too fancy, just an improvement.
5. I'm definately going to get them professionally installed. Can anyone recommend places (preferably mobile installers) in the Bed, Herts or Bucks areas?
Thanks for your help.
P.S I don't want a sub for bass because I use my car for work and need all the boot space