Thread: Elec Window Problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elec Window Problem

As most will know, the astra has one touch up windows and you can send the windows up with ignition on, and turn off ignition whilst there going up.

well, my astra seems to have developed a problem, when I send the window up, and turn off ignition the window stops and starts coming down.

Same happens somtimes if i send the windows up and open the door, the window will somtimes stop, and sometimes go down.

Its not a major problem, all i have to do is wait untill the widows are actually cosed before turning off ignition or opening the door, but it is quite annoying.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mick-uk/misc/sig1.gif
    ------------------------------
    Star Silver 1.8 5Dr Sport

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is it happening to both windows??

Try and squirt some WD40 down the runners, then put the windows up n down a few times then give it a go.

As it may just be that the windows are sensing that something is obstructing them (Safety feature)
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i get this too, its been happening for ages. The windows go up and come down to where they were before. only thing i've thought this could be caused by is a fault in the window safty feature. this feture brings the window back down incase someones got there fingers stuck.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i believe it is possible to "reset" the window so that it knows where the top of the window is!!

iirc all you need to do is keep your finger on the button and leave the button pressed once the window is fully up and keep the button pressed untill you hear a click!!

i believe that these instructions are correct but im sure someone will pull them up if they are not!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got that spot on about setting the bounds of the window.

mine is doing the 'safety' feature routine every now and then, when the glass gets to the bottom it creaks l;ike hell so im guessing its the runners that need a look at.

If anyone knows an easy way of getting the door skin off, particularly those bloody clips that hold it in placei will be all ears, i keep nearly breaking them...