AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEEEEEEEEELP

hi all,

My astra is nackered!

I am driving it home from Glasgow today and noticed it did not want to pull. I pulled over and the dam think idoles very badly and the stalled. It started again but very reluctantly. There is also a thoaty noise comming fromthe engin.

The car now drives like it has the cold (in other words it is all bunged up)... It does not pull like it normaly would... Instead t feels reluctant...

The engine is also heating up alot but the temp gage still only goes to half way as it always has...

I have it booked in to have the Zorst checked incase it is blocked some how!

I also filled her up with Optimax but it was runnign fine after this!

Have you any other ideas what it could be?

Car Vitals....
    5dr sxi 1.6 16v, Scorpian zorst (cat back) pvd pannel filter. de-restricked air box which is drilled out and has cold air feed to help!

I think the middle section of the zorst is split at one of the seals also. this is why i am starting here....

Any and all help is appreciated!
    02 Astra 1.6 16V SXI 5dr
    Scorpion cat back system, PVD panel filter, de-restricted and drilled out air box, Vectra piping
    Sony head unit with speakers, amp & sub to match, Chrome heater dials and plush car mats

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    :?:

If the exhaust is blocked the engine will stall unless if you say the exhaust is split it would sound like a tank.
    I hope it is only the exhaust, but i think i might be more serious than that.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you could just take it to your local vauxhall garage to check it over, if it is something that causes the engine to idle badly and stall tech 2 will probably find some stored codes. It should only cost £30 and take half an hour (that's what vxl garage that i work for charge anyway) small price to pay for a definate answer. You will be surprised how many people come in saying "my mate tells me it is this or that, so i fitted the part/s and it still doesn't work"
    it's up to you though mate, but that is what i would do.

Class name by the way!!

Col
    Ally wings, less " The Fast and the Furious" more "The Gay and the Gaudy"

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could be CAT failure.

See Clickety click

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all,

Thanks for the advivce!

I took the car today to my local teck man.... he removed the exhaust bit by bit and found the back box to be blocked and the mid silencer to be cracked...

the best of it is this was a 6 month old scorpian number for which i can not find the docs for to claim the waranty on :-(

on the good side i had the orginal system still there and had a monza back box only so this is all back on the car and it's running fine again.

The only down side is he engine warning light cam on. I disconected the battery and reconected it and this seems to have cleared the light! Any thoughts as to why this cam on? Is this the correct way to reset the ECU if you get this light on?

Help and sugestions are appreciaed!

Col
    02 Astra 1.6 16V SXI 5dr
    Scorpion cat back system, PVD panel filter, de-restricted and drilled out air box, Vectra piping
    Sony head unit with speakers, amp & sub to match, Chrome heater dials and plush car mats

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The correct way to clear the fault code is with Tech2.

Glad you found the problem and it was the exhaust, have come across this myself with a Scorpion on my old Cavalier V6. Wouldnt have another one.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colin

the best of it is this was a 6 month old scorpian number for which i can not find the docs for to claim the waranty on :-(
    How did you pay, credit/debit card? i didn't even need the receipt as my old one broke 4 times. Took 7 weeks to get a replacement

As with Ross never that zorst again
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say