Thread: C20XE tuning help please

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

C20XE tuning help please

ok lads just got C20XE (redtop) put in my astra mk 3 and wondering what engine mods i should do first any ideas? was looking for some air filters and i was thinking the bigger the better is that right or does the C20XE sometimes have idle trouble with freeflow airfilters? any other engine mods and prices etc would be a great help, also another quicky what bhp shot of nos would i be able to put into this engine as it is at the moment (standard).

cheers
    removed please read the rules - the place for all your vauxhall buying/selling needs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    standard internals should be good for a 50bhp shot of NOS.

as for tuning, start with a full system exhaust and a performance panel filter. de-restrict the airbox and remove the resonator box. then from there the next things to do would be headwork, manifold, throttle bodies, mappable ignition, etc...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: C20XE tuning help please

cheers mate!
    so is it better to have a performance panel filter or a K&N cone air filter?
    removed please read the rules - the place for all your vauxhall buying/selling needs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cone filter is a big no-no on an XE. panel filter is the way to go deffinately.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do the breather mod, (less kangarooing) didnt get a chance to do this on my red top, but comes recommeded and costs nothing.

get yourself over to migweb, as some of the lads over there really know there stuff when it comes to tuning the XE.

Most will recommended the std airbox with performance panel filter, and bigger cold air feed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's no need to touch the head unless your running over 200bhp,

You could get it chipped but not really worth it, get a good exhaust and a ram air panel filter, run it on good oil, clean out all the breathers and T/B, and idlevalve.

Pop in some new plugs and i would recommend getting the injectors cleaned as it will make the world of difference... lightned flywheel makes a big difference too on the xe's.

But ultimately i would say get some throttle bodies or twin webber 45 carbs as this will boost power on a standard engine to around 170-180bhp.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    don't bother with the breather mod unless you actually have problems with the engine.