Thread: Coupe/SRi/SXi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coupe/SRi/SXi

Well after buying a Golf GTi about 2 months ago I have had nothing but ball ache from it. Had loads of problems with it including it not starting and just this weekend the electric window motors packing in.
    We have decided that we just want rid of the car now so have decided to get an astra but we are uncertain on which model.
    I like the SRI and SXi but am not sure on what differences there are betwen the the two with regards to the spec etc.
    My girlfriend likes the coupe and I am liking it more and more each time I see one now but dont know how these compare with the other two.
    We will be looking at a 1.8 or maybe 2.0 and have a price of up to 8k.

Basically I am after some advise on which model is the best to go for with regards to the spec, performance and extras.

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take pen and paper with you to the dealers, test drive them all and take down the extras then

But, if you can get a coupe for 8k, go for one of those. You have seen Petes motor, so you know what can be done with one of them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah good going to do a lot of reseach on them over the next week and start looking/test driving next weekend.
    Calibra 2.0 8v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I prefer Coupe's they look better and hold there value much better too...? They havw come down in price..... May be worth getting a Hatch at the moment then going for a Coupe after the new Astra Coupe comes out....

Go for the 2.2 or turbo if you can...? Nothing wrong with the 1.8's though, just personal preference.

Boot is a good size too for junk or ICE. Back lights are the only down fall I see as its harder to get the Irmy style for them.

Go for the Irny DTM rear spiler I seen a cracking coupe with one on lest week and it looks the fappin good.

I like the styling extras you get with them, the Imy kick strips with the Bertone logo, the Gun metal centre console Air Con, TC, Colour coded bum strips and side skirts, it all adds up.

I looked at aa Tahitti Red 1.8 Coupe before getting the SRi, it had 46k and FVSH, had a fair amount of scratches on it and needed a new tail box, but it was great to drive.

Cheers Mark

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    May be worth getting a Hatch at the moment then going for a Coupe after the new Astra Coupe comes out....
    hey mark have you any information on the new coupe?
    i heard a rumour it would be the same as the mk4 but with a mk5 interior. also it would be a coupe-cabriolet meaning a retractable hard top.
    that would be great... an ASTRA CC.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    ROACH,
    Sorry mate only what I read in TV, Dave Dempsey is you best man to ask, or another Vauxhall worker....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an Sri Astra and I was wanting a Coupe. I am starting to like my 3 door Astra more now.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Coupe/SRi/SXi

go for the coupe mate. dont forget that now the mk5 astra is out the hatch back will start to lose its value quicker than the coupe. plus the coupe looks better than the hatch ( runs for cover).
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Loads of Coupés around for £8000. No one wants them and the dealers have piles of them going for silly prices.