Thread: 4 branch SS manifold and sports cat on 1.8

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

4 branch SS manifold and sports cat on 1.8

Just been to visit ASCAR to get a small problem with my exhaust sorted out. They were great and because I'd bought my exhaust second hand I hadn't realised I was a half moon mounting rubber bracket missing. This was causing the centre section to slide back from the cat and causing a blow. They fixed the blow and welded a small stitch (thats what they called it) so that the centre and cat were welded together to stop the slide and also fitted the missing bracket. Cost me a tenner bargain. Anyway I asked whether a SS manifold was available for the 1.8 16v Z18 engine and they put me onto a firm called CossVaux in Sheffield. Rang Will@CossVaux up and he say they are as he's just fitted one. Cost is £650 inc a SS sports cat and a small piece from ASCAR and includes fitting. He reckons it gives better throttle response, greater torque and HP and should increase the HP to around 140. I'm not far off that figure already so I expect maybe a 10hp gain. Is the cost worth the extra gained? anyone got one fitted, if so hows it perform.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    let me know how you get on with that one so your getting a new sports car and a manifold in ss 4 branch