Thread: not very happy....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

not very happy....

well as some of you are aware the doors on my astra g cracked a while ago and were repaired under the warrenty.....well the drivers door cracked again..... :x
    so after a visit to the local dealers the engineers from vauxhall (luton) visited and decided the door would not be worth repairing a second time ..so a new door was to be fitted :shock:

my car went in last tuesday for the repairs.and i was informed that it would take them 3 days...so i should get my car back for the weekend.....
    friday evening ..not ready...saturday not ready......monday i get the call...your car is ready for collection sir..... :x

i go to collect my car and upon inspecting it........

colour match is really poor ( flame red fades quite badly..even when polished up )
    a massive run in the paint under the bump trim ( a blind man on a galloping horse could see it from 5 yards away )
    a run under the mirror housing
    marks / scratches in the pannel area of the door
    a piller area does not fit correctly....

so i refused to take the car..but as they had no courtesy cars in i had no choice to take it and have the whole job re done in a short while.....what winds me up is the fact they let the job go out looking like it was done by a blind apprentice on his first day in the paintshop...and they dont seem that bothered by it..
    i have complained to the manager about it..and want to see the dealer principal to get his opinions on the poor workmanship that his staff are allowing to go out.....
    what would you guys ask for in compensation...as it is de valuing the car....also time lost in going to and from the garage..and having to drive their 1.0 corsa's......and the loss of faith and trust i have placed in them....

les...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Sorry to hear about the shoddy works manship from that main dealer. I hope they can rectify their work when you take it back to them again. But they should deffinetly offer you some sort of comoensation for all the greif they've gave you.
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am curious. With a colour like flame red that does fade over time, is it possible to get a perfect colour match, such that nobody can tell its been resprayed?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonstatt
    I am curious. With a colour like flame red that does fade over time, is it possible to get a perfect colour match, such that nobody can tell its been resprayed?
    In my experience sometimes they can get a reasonable match in the daylight but when you look at the car under streetlighting you can see the re-spray straight away (Something to do with the UV in the bulbs I believe) :?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: not very happy....

Sounds like you've a got a fight on your hands there!

Good luck!

let us know what happens,

nat

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by sport16v
    Quote Originally Posted by jonstatt
    In my experience sometimes they can get a reasonable match in the daylight but when you look at the car under streetlighting you can see the re-spray straight away (Something to do with the UV in the bulbs I believe) :?
    I can get it sprayed pretty damn near the right colour of Flame Red
    Thing is did you's know that there is about 7 different shades of Flame Red :shock:
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    well further to my problems with the door and poor repairs....

my car has been in the bodyshop now since tuesday morning of last week..for a further 3 days to re do the whole job again..and now its monday the following week and i still have no car as yet, i am getting rather brassed off with the whole situation and i still have no idea as to when i will get the car back from them..

however i have got it so the bodyshop manager is going to view the job and if he is happy with it the dealer principal will then view the job before i get to see it..to use his words .."if the job has to be done 10 times to get it right then thats what we have to do".... :shock:

i hope they get it right pretty soon as this 1 litre corsa is doing my head in...sorry for the rant but as you will understand i am not very impressed with the service i have had from them..

les...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Les how old is your car, and did they admit there was an issue with Astra G doors? If this is the case surely they should fix a car with this problem under the 7 year anti-p warranty?
    Richie Rich - The Resident P.I.M.P
    "Pimp-Izzle-Fizzle"
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1 litre corsa? Better than a old rusted out bomb
    Give it a thrashing and take it back empty
    That sucks that they can't fix something so simple...... you would think putting a door on was easy......
    Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Astra SRi 2.2L
    For all your Car Audio Questions
    http://mig2.lathwood.co.uk/upload/n/nutter.jpg
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the car is a 99 v plate 3dr sri...i got the car back this evening..and the paint job doesn't look too bad ..but still got some issues with regard to over spray in areas and i talked things over with the dealer prinipal about compensation and got....nowhere..

so first thing in the morning i intend to ring vauxhall customer service regarding these issues and see what they have to say about it..i don't expect the earth but i thought after all the problems the dealer might have given a free service or a full valet at the least to try and smooth the anger out a bit...but thats too much to ask i guess

i will keep you guys informed of the out come

les......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast