Thread: Astra Turbo BFO Sports cat / downpipe

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Turbo BFO Sports cat / downpipe

I've just been speaking to the "BFO Factory" about the sports cat and downpipe we're developing for the Astra G Turbo.

The parts should hopefully only be a few weeks, it's taken a while to manufacture the flange to fit the manifold properly, other ones we've seen don't tend to seal right.

The "full" turbo back BFO system should be £899.95 - this is £600 over the standard cat back system, and we've hoping for great performance figures.

As usual we'll offer 10% off these for Astra Sport members, making it £809.95 inc VAT (£689ish+VAT).

Shortly we should also have BFO systems for the non-Turbo, along with systems for the Coupe, N/A and Turbo.

Pete
    PVD Ltd
    www.pvdnet.co.uk - online PVD catalogue
    www.pvdalloys.co.uk - Hundreds of alloy wheels and accessories for your Vauxhall
    www.bfoexhausts.co.uk - BFO stainless steel exhausts

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well thats just not good enough, what do you do for MK4 Golf Diesels?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    giant brown paper bags so you can go out in public without embarassment

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ha, i'll be sitting on your bumper sunshine, dont ever underestimate my derv especially when i can get 60mpg mmmmm diesel

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got a price for the down pipe alone?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have heard stories of current pre cat replacement pipes not sealing very well, but on the same note they are meant to be a pain to fit, so is the fact they don't seal great every time down to who fits it??

at £800, it does come in cheaper than the competition , just personally not over struck on the hooge tail pipe.

As asked above, will cat replacement parts be a available seperately, and will they mate OK with standard components, ie could you just buy the sports cat and fit it to a standard system??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoman
    I have heard stories of current pre cat replacement pipes not sealing very well, but on the same note they are meant to be a pain to fit, so is the fact they don't seal great every time down to who fits it??

at £800, it does come in cheaper than the competition , just personally not over struck on the hooge tail pipe.

As asked above, will cat replacement parts be a available seperately, and will they mate OK with standard components, ie could you just buy the sports cat and fit it to a standard system??
    You are right, the pipes are a pain to fit, but the problem on one of the competitors parts we've looked at is that it's just not machined properly. One company advise fitting exhaust paste to this, which is madness as it's a precision machined part that's designed to fit straight on.

The BFO Oval tailpipe isn't to everyone's liking, but it's a design we feel suits the Astra well, so we won't be offering an alternative style, sorry.

The sports cat and downpipe will be direct replacement for the OE parts so will of course be available separately.

Pete
    www.pvdalloys.co.uk - Hundreds of alloy wheels and accessories for your Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pete, how much is the sports cat on its own?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    great news guys, no please hurry with the coupe turbo ones, i was gonna come and hassle ya at PV but ya looked so busy and someone else beat me to it
    YOUR FRIENDLY WINDSCREEN MAN

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Pete, how much is the sports cat on its own?
    I've not got a breakdown between the 2 parts yet, but I'd say around £400-£450.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast