Thread: Standard Alarm Problems!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Standard Alarm Problems!

My car alarm keeps going off now and again and the last time it happened was just tonight around 9:00pm and at 2:00am in the morning the last few nights :shock: . I am sure once you arm it it the red light stays red for just a few mins then starts to flash. Mine starts to flash fast straight away once armed . I am sure I have a problem some place with it. Any info would be great. Thanks

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If its just the siren going off then your gonna need a new one mate, as the battery tends to die. Otherwise not sure what it could be
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unless you have a very new Astra MK4 as they have now changed the design and ONLY the siren goes off anyway (no horn anymore). This confused me with mine, but then I checked several other new arrivals and they all did the same.

The flashing straight away indicates a sensor fault. If the battery is low for the siren, you may hear extra beeps when arming/disarming the alarm. I would suspect the ultrasonic sensors. Even if you disable them as per the manual, they can still trigger an error condition if they are not reporting back to the ECU correctly.

A tech 2 can determine which sensor is indicating fault.

Jonathan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. I think I will try and disconect the battery on the car for a while then put it back on again and see what happen this way. My car is a 2000 model V reg