Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need help with car mods.

Now then people.
    Well am new to Astra having swapped from my Focus to a 1.6 16v SXI, and I have to say that I can't belive I used to think Focuses were the dogs Bo@~ocks. Wanted to go to a 1.8 but my insurance was just stupidly high, but am happy (for now) with the 1.6 coz it is still nippy, well more than my girls Purgeot so that's one up for me.
    Well I have decent Alloys and a rear bumper so the car looks smart but I want it to look better. Any tips on where to get my windows blacked out and how much etc and advice on Lexus lights. Am glad i've found this site coz i've money to spend and it's all going on my car, problem is I don't know where to start.
    Advice please.
    Cheers in advance people.

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any pics of your car mate ?
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with car mods.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist
    Any tips on where to get my windows blacked out and how much etc and advice on Lexus lights.
    welcome mate

i wouldnt bother with window tints as anything on the front sides is illegal now. As for lexus lights - personally i hate them but if you like them go for it. there are lots of lights out there - check the styling guide for some ideas
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Need help with car mods.

No Pete not yet, I only got it last Friday. It's a 53 reg 3dr, Black saphire. Will take some picks and put them on but am in work at the mo.
    So can you give me any advice then. I've already got some ideas from reading the posts and looking at the gallery but ain't got a clue where to start.
    Cheers S7EN i'll have a look. Can I get my back passenger windows tinted without getting pulled by the local constabulary.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Need help with car mods.

Quote Originally Posted by S7EN
    As for lexus lights - personally i hate them but if you like them go for it. there are lots of lights out there - check the styling guide for some ideas
    Get that man a drink!
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    back window and rear sides you wont have a prob - get some pics up mate and us styling gurus will sort it for ya

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will do, cheers.