Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention all Scottish members of AS!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Attention all Scottish members of AS!!

I was looking through a few websites just to see whats been happening and found this

to be honest i've not been to strathy park in my own car for quitesome time and also readin another post created by the owner of them blue punto i dont think i want to anymore! rumours are Some sick minded person stole the evo drove it round strathy park crashed it and then done a runner then all the neds started running and yelling towards the scene and hurled loads of abuseat the victims in the Punto and when the emergency services arrived they hurled abuse at them!

These neds are gettin out of control and it was a matter of time before someone was involved in a crash thankfully the guys in the punto were ok but what if that had of been a family going to the arcades? I WONT be near strathy again wether it's in my own car or a mates BEX and Ricky seem to be doing bugger all about the park and nobodys safe!

You can read more about it here
    http://www.strathycruise.com/phpBB/v...ic.php?t=27745
    and
    http://www.strathycruise.com/phpBB/v...ic.php?t=27639

sorry about the rant but i think strathy cruise is the worst cruise to go to it wasnt that long ago two cars (RS Turbos) were involved in a huge crash while racing down the M74 and i believe the drivers were killed if my memory serves me correctly and bex and rikki have done nothing with the police to improve the park or make it safer since!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Attention all Scottish members of AS!!

I am not surprised that this accident happened.

I also have not been to Strathy park for a long time. Last time i was there it was full of nutters getting smashed out their faces and i generally didn't feel safe. More to the point, i didn't feel like my car was safe.

I am sure there are still a few decent car enthusiasts who go but this new crowd are wrecking the whole scene. No wonder we are all tarred with the same brush by the general public.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree mandy this is just another view of how cruises are going! cruise are just as it says on the box its a cruise not mad burnout fest with high speed racing a cruise is a drive with a few people showing off their cars it wasnt goin to be long before the glasgow neds jumped in on the bandwagon and ruined it all! there was one incident when neds tried to make a guy in a saxo do a burnout and ripped his spoiler off and held it aloft as it was some kind of trophy and i have heard of folk having their cars smashed in wtih baseball bats!

If we dont feel safe there i think bex and rikki are gonna have a hard job convincing people to go!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for this, was going to pop along one night but after this and some advice on the place form others i wont be going, neds ruin everything for everyone :roll:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no problem and sorry for spoiling any hopes but it is sumthin everyone should know about, as astras dont come cheap and neither do modifications i felt this is a problem everyone should know about, i know some on here have spent thousands on their cars and even if it's just pennies you've spent polishing a standard motor any damage can be annoying and frustrating and i personally would not like to hear of anyone having their car trashed by mindless thugs! it can happen on a street but if it happens at a cruise it puts a sour taste in your mouth!

this is just one cruise with mindless thugs trashing cars that i have heard of locally and i'm afraid it's probably not the only one nationally

Skippy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    strange was just on strathy reading this, thats why ill never go 'down the park' :roll:
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have been down once since my corsa went off the road and it was with Chris (M7ACD) to go bowling for my girlfriends birthday we took one "lap" and bolted for the exit

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Attention all Scottish members of AS!!

Being a Hamilton lad born and bred, Strathclyde Park is right on my doorstep and to be honest, I've never had an urge to go to its ****y 'cruise' anyway. Full of fannies (of the spotty male variety). And I can't understand this "I remember when it was great, but nowadays.... blah... blah" nonsense that the tubes on Strathycruise spout. That park has always has been full of bams - it's just nowadays the muckers are getting wilder. Bring back capital punishment, borstels and national service I say.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its shite cruises like that that make a lot of people think that ANYONE who mods their car is a total ned that drives like a nutter and loves burnouts etc... its annoying
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i remember one night seeing a guy in an evo jump out his car to argue with a guy in a cossie and ended up getting his face slashed for his trouble

also his chick got hit over the head with a bottle by a guy :shock:
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast