Thread: absolutely livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

absolutely livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just on my way back from inlaws. Going over a bridge at 35mph if that, car coming toward me so had to keep to my side of the lane. Could see a puddle about 2 foot wide so had to drive over it thinking nothing of it. There was a huge bump to the car, i'd only gone over a F***king big pot hole filled with water. It was about a foot deep. It was unmarked, so how was i to tell the difference between a puddle to a pot hole. :?: To top it off my alloys buckled, tyres punctured and my new imrscher bumper is hanging off an scratched.

Any help on how i go about claiming etc would be a grate help. I don't want to hassel my insurers as i don't want to affect my no claims bonus.

Cheers
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best thing to do is take some pics of it mate, but i don't really know what you do after that???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as I know, you can claim off the council but only if they knew about the pothole and failed to fix it within good time and hence neglecting there duty. Sooo.....if someones already reported the hole, your in with half a chance, and if its a foot deep, chances are someone already has!

It might be worth a mate reporting the hole, and then you claiming a week later?

Either way, its sucks @rse and im sorry it happend to you.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about that wherabouts was the pothole matey. I drive around manchester quite a lot don't wanna do the same to my car. As for what you do as chriswebb007 says get some piccys of it preferably with and without water then ring the local council highways office. My uncle works for the one in Bolton and they get this all the time. If you get no luck giz a shout and I'll see him and see what he says..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it was on longford road west in reddish. ive taken some pics and ill get a mate to report the pothole tomorrow. thanks for the advice guys.
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My uncle works for the one in Bolton and they get this all the time. If you get no luck giz a shout and I'll see him and see what he says..
    Result!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dave if you could speak to him and see what he says anyway it would be a great help.
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: absolutely livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for ye.

I woud be well pissed also.

My advice is go with and camera and take a photo of the puddle and maybe get a stick or something and dip it in the hole to show in puddle how deep it is. Mark stick in obvious way to show depth of hole.

Phone council and ask for claim form from roads dept and get some quotes to sort car. Make sure and get pics first as they will fix it as soon as you report so as not to make claim.

I am claiming from council for drain covers that were about 6 inchs below road surface with a hole between them, knocked out camber and align which cost me £80 for full geomtry setup. They raised and smoothly re tar'd the area within a week of me reportin it but i send them the before and after pics and should recieve the check very soon.

Good luck.
    Astra VXR - 1st RIP - Black, 19"s, Climate, Cruise n Full Milltek
    The Black one
    http://www.mrmike.toucansurf.com/TheBlackOne/
    Blue RIP
    http://www.mrmike.toucansurf.com/TheAff/

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    by the looks of it i will need a new front bumper as the let hand side of it is hanging off and probably need a new alloy. so i dont know how much that is going to cost? :?:
    GTC SRI 2.0 CDTI

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    No one needs to have reported the pot hole before you claim.
    First thing.
    Take some pictures of the pot hole A.S.A.P. if not sooner.
    Go to your council offices and ask to see the local highways manager. Tell them you want to claim agains't the council cause of the pot hole etc. They'll then refer you to there insurance company.

Get a quote for ALL the repairs etc then hit there insurance with the bill.

I waited a month between letters, if it happened again. I'd give te council a reasonable amount of time (a month) to settle the claim, or i'd persue the matter through the small claims court. (this was the route i took, but the council settled out of court before the court date)

NOTE.
    - To make the full claim it will take a long time (my case took 1 year and 1 week). They drag it out to make you give up.
    - You'll proberbly need to get the repairs done first because of the above reason.

You can always tell them the your car is considered unfit for the road because of the damage. (not sure on that bit).

GET THE PHOTOS.

If you need any more help PM me, i'll be happy to help if i can. I still have all letter sent and recieved in my case and can refer to them for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast