Thread: Audibahn

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Audibahn

I'm hearing that audiobahn are good and ive been looking at their subs. id like the ALUM12Q sub but its 1000w RMS recommened power and i cant find a 1000w rms audibahn amp. which one is right for that sub?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure on this as I don't deal with autobahn ice. To shiney for me.

It should'nt really matter about the amp wattage really as long as the salesman knows what he's saying and is selling you the right amp.

Thats all I can say really. You could always pm Skuzzle as he seems to know alot about ice.
    Simon Mk:3. One of the best mk:3's in the south

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had this same sub for about a year now and it's OK. Have had Kicker and JL subs before. I'm using a Kicker 2 channel sub which is running at about 1200 watts RMS and it's quite happy. Only thing that confuses me is that they don't quote accurate sizes for their box enclosures so it's difficult to know how to get the best from them, although there is software that will tell you this.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    best off getting an amp which is capable of more power than your sub...
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not as simple as it sounds really because things like enclosure size, enclosure type no of subs etc.. will determine what amp you are best off using. The general rule of thumb (and recommended by the most manufactures) is that your amp RMS rating should be approx 1/2 to 2/3rds the RMS rating of the sub. Yes you can use a more powerful amp but fry your subs and don't expect then manufacturer to be particualry simpathetic.

But considering you are sticking to one brand you are best off asking the Audiobahn dealer which is the best amp from the range to use with the sub. Some makes like Soundstream make it simple by matching the Subs to the Amps (i.e. Tarantula subs with Tarantula amps)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Audibahn

okayyy i kno that, that Audiobahn sub looks well sexy n all but i really wouldnt go for that if i was you!

firsty that sub only runs at either.. dual 3, 6 or 12ohm and unless your either going to be running another 1 or 2 subs like those off a big amp that will power down to 1ohm your going to hav problems mate :roll:

what i would do is go for something like the AW121T (550rms) and run it off the Audiobahn A1801T amp!

but seriously though mate Audiobahn subs are one of a few that will jus keep pumping and pumping no matter how much power you through at them so if you really want to be running things with your BASS then go for two of them AW121T subs and run them off a A1801T amp.. at 2ohm you'll easilly be looking around 800watts rms (1600+ watts peak)!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing i have to say about audiobahn is that the punch isn't always there with em. I've had a couple of audiobahns in my time & they're shit hot, don't get me wrong, but punch wise they're not all there, more big dirty bass notes
    Astra G 1.6 16v SXi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

to tell you the truth your spot on there mate!

Audiobahns dont punch at all their all just about real deep BASS!! but i suppose if you went for something like an 8 or 10" sub then maybe you mite get some punchy notes out of them too..

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    audiobahn do an amp to run these subs i believe it is rated at about 2KW RMS at 1ohm i was speaking to a bloke at a curise about a month back who had them subs and amp but i do believe that he imported the amp from america at a cost of about £350 (IIRC)

not much help at the moment i know but i will try to find out the model number and let you no!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    afew audiobahn amps that should be up to the job!! i've included the model numbers so you should be able to get a price for each!

A4125HCT

A18001DT

A2300HCT

A2X600HQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast