AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fidanza Aluminium Flywheels

I'm arranging a group buy of these

http://www.m1gst.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18746

I'm hoping to have some numbers by Friday so that the order will reach me before PVS 04.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone know what kind of gains and performance you can expect from these - I know that the interia of the enging will be reduced fo it'll build revs quicker but what do that actually translate too? - if its a good mod then yeah - i'll have one for a z20let
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They give better acceleration.

Dave Dempsey had a lightened flywheel on his old vectra done, and highly recommended it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is a quote from Fidanza- Could be biased though

Aluminum flywheels have been used for many years for increasing performance. From the earliest days of racing and street build-ups, the world's best engine builders have been installing aluminum flywheels to give their engines the needed edge.

Not only will you see a dramatic increase in usable horsepower, but engine life can also be extended since there will be less stress on the crankshaft.

How Does A Fidanza Flywheel Give Me So Much Added Power?

To achieve the greatest increase in performance an aluminum flywheel must lower the moment of inertia characteristics of the engine. Put in simpler terms, we must reduce the amount of horsepower needed to turn the flywheel so that horsepower can be used to turn the wheels.

Making the flywheel lighter is not as simple as it sounds. Anyone can take the factory design and then just produce that from aluminum. At Fidanza Flywheels we take the extra effort to eliminate the weight in areas that make sense for performance.

We do not sacrifice durability. We will not sell a flywheel that will not hold up to the roughest of drivers and or engines. This is where Fidanza Flywheels have the edge. Our flywheels give the best increase in performance but they are also the most durable. What a concept!

Anyone can claim to make a product that far exceeds industry standards but we choose to put our money where our mouth is.

From the very best materials to ground breaking new designs, Fidanza Flywheels are the finest aluminum flywheels on the market.

I've had one fitted for over a year now and lower gear acceleration and pick up is much improved.

Chris

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Fidanza Aluminium Flywheels

Best mod you can do on any engine.... although im sure noone will take my word for it..how much do they weigh!!
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are a worth while mod, but useless if you are looking at uprating the clutch in the future. If you are going to be running phase upgrades on later Z20lets, then you may need to uprate the clutch

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would this be worth doing to my 1.8 16v?
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigA16
    would this be worth doing to my 1.8 16v?
    Yes it would make a big difference to any engine.....

Shouldnt matter what power you are running or what clutch you use, the flywheel will be fine aslong as its made properly..... if the manufacturer says you shouldnt run more power with there lightned flywheel then i would be very dubiouse about fitting it in the first place as they are obviously abit chocolaty.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Going to disagree with that somewhat Ben. The standard clutch is fine to a certain extent, the later ones are more fragile than the earlier ones. The Sachs clutch I have, eats lightened flywheels, I have had one already and it didn't last too long. Just the trade off between having a strong clutch with very powerful bite, or going for the extra acceleration of the lightened flywheel

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Fidanza flywheels have a 1050 High carbon alloy steel contact surface that is very wear resistant. Even if you should wear it they are replaceable for approx £50.

A quick point EDS who commissioned the Sachs Paddle clutch now sell the Fidanza flywheels at 499 euro :shock:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast