Thread: 18" rims and suspention...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

18" rims and suspention...

Iv just ordered a Clifford Concept 600 which should be fitted next week so at the end of the month i want to sort out some alloys & get it all dropped!

I intend on getting a set of 18's with 215/35/18 rubber and want to get a spring kit from halfords made by Cobra (?) which drops it 40mm rear and 50mm front....?

Will this be ok?
    Is this all a good idea?
    Will it be best to get a full suspention kit? (the cars done 69k)

Excuse my ignorance but astras are new to me so not sure what i can do with it! ops:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    by the way is a Mk4 Astra Sport 1.6 16v 5 door

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have not heard of any reports of the cobra kit to be honest so I could not say weather its ok or not. I am sure it will be fine if Halfords are selling it though. With a drop of 50mm at the rea I would seriously think about changing the shoks as well, 40mm is about the limit with standard shocks.

As for it being a good idea........lowering you car???................Damm right
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: 18" rims and suspention...

Not heard of Cobra either Andy, I'd suggest you ask Joerg for a price for a set of Eibachs, should be around the ton mark which won't be too much more or even cheaper than the Cobra springs. Difference would be worth the extra anyway. Agree with Mat, 50mm is too much on standard dampers, 40mm tops I'd recommend. If your keeping the standard dampers I'd say either the 30/30 Eibachs or chance the 30/45 setup and hope the fronts stand the extra. Good choice of tyre size, its what I'm on and I've found it ok, I'd recommend the Pirelli P7000 tyres as they are good wet and dry and seem to be wearing well.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers chaps.

iv thought about it and to hell with the credit card bill i think im going to go for the full Spax RSX coilover kit so i can play with the ride height/comfort etc.

never had coilovers before so is it a wise option - iv heard some top things regarding them and also some horror stories...

Opions? :roll: :!: